**This posting contains a lot of pictures**
Thanksgiving day I woke up feeling extremely refreshed. I was hoping to get some extra rest in during the day so I felt the need to cook for my family in our new home. I made stuffed croissants. Some were stuffed with jelly others were stuffed with my favorite Pampered Chef sprinkles of Mocha, Hazelnut, and Cinnamon. They were so yummy! After I started to prepare our side dishes that we were making for the dinners. This year we limited ourselves to two houses since I'm not suppose to be up and around much. We spent Thanksgiving with Jay's side of the family going to his dad's house first and ending it with his grandma's house.
Our Side Dishes:
Butternut and Apple Stuffing (all from scratch)
Green Bean Supreme Casserole (also made from scratch)
Both were extremely good - I'll have them up on
Recipenut sometime next week if you would like the recipes
The families:
 |
| A video of them in Vegas |
The first stop was Jay's dad and stepmom's house. It was fun as always. They even had some entertainment for us. We were all on the edge of our seats waiting to see what this was going to be (the pictures on below). We stayed for a couple hours then headed over to Jay's grandmas house.
 |
| Jay's Dad & DeAnna |
 |
| Bri'elle and Auntie Shelly |
 |
| Briana, Bri'elle, Shelly, and me |
 |
| Chris, DeAnna, me, lil baby bump (Jay is so proud), Bri'elle, Jay, Marty, and Shelly |
 |
| Added Briana (Marty's niece) |
|
Next stop was Jays grandma's house. This year his mom joined us for Thanksgiving. It will be a first in many years. Jay had mixed emotions about it but was simply glad and thankful God was able to work through her and bring her with her family. This is also Bri'elles second time seeing her grandma. I don't think Bri'elle really could tell the difference but I do think she was confused when Jay's grandma (who Bri'elle calls grandma) was telling her to go see her grandma (meaning Jay's mom). Eventually I know she'll catch on (as long as Jay's mom decides to come around the family). Later after dinner Jay's brother Len who had just gotten off a 16 hour shift stopped by with his family. One of his sons is 3, Bri'elle and him are the bestest of cousins.
 |
| The table |
 |
| Some of the food |
 |
| Bri'elle loved the pumpkins |
 |
| Uncle Bud and Bri'elle |
 |
| Daddy and Bri'elle |
 |
| My Loves |
 |
| Bri'elle and great grandma |
 |
| She was cracking up |
 |
| Little lenny and Bri'elle - they were so excited to see each other |
|
We didn't get a chance to see my parents or my mom's side of the family for thanksgiving this year which made me a little sad but at least we had dinner over there a couple days later. :) I was still recovering from the festivities the next few days afterwards.
Thank you Lord for all that you have provided me within my life. I thank you for continuing to provide to me when I may not be obedient. You somehow are always able to show your love. I pray that you will always show me the light in the darkest of hours and through the darkest of times. That I will always seek you first when times get rough. Lord I pray to you, I will always remember the glorious things you do and will always be thankful for the sacrifice you made. Lord thank you for blessing my family. These gifts wouldn't be mine without you. Lord thank you! In your precious name, Amen!!!!!
That looks like some yummy food. Bri'elle looks just like you in that picture of her and Shelly. Looks like a mini Brandi ;)
ReplyDeleteIt was totally yummy, wish you could've tried it. And I'm surprised at how much her look is changing. I agree right now she is going through a mommy look-alike phase besides the nose she obviously gets from Jay :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like you all had such a blast! The pictures of bri are so cute!! I also love the one with jay touching your belly :)
ReplyDeleteGatherings with family are the best... I didn't even know he had his hand there until I looked at the picture after it was taken.
ReplyDelete