Lately with moving Jay and I haven't had any time really for each other besides maybe 30 minutes when we eat dinner and if that. Sometimes our conversations merely go as much as "How are you or how is your day?" so thank God for texting... I'm able to send Jay updates on what's going on or vice versa he is able to check in with me if he isn't in his office.
Last night Jay received a phone call from my cousin who works security in San Francisco for an event company asking if he wanted to pull a shift with him on Saturday. The shift would be about 8-10 hours, as of last night he wasn't sure the exact times. Jay said Yes since we could use some extra cash to help out.
On our way over to make parent's house for dinner, I was telling Jay that I appreciate his willingness to work a little extra but that he really didn't have to, we would be able to manage. So we started talking about "Jay's future". Jay was telling me that he really wanted to because it would help and make a difference and that an opportunity doesn't just happen on a whim or for no reason. He then proceeded to tell me how he would like to go back to school starting in January to finish out his schooling for a Bachelor's degree. His job offers salary increases for different areas of schooling and also will compensate for the cost of school. I thought this would be a great idea especially since he can utilize what his work offers.
We continued to discuss his other plans to help benefit his position at the company and also benefit Jay which would of course benefit us, his family.
Jay plans to get his realtor license. He has been talking about it on and off for a couple years now but since he didn't have a substantial job or any income he decided to put it on the back burner. I'm so happy he will be able to fulfill one of his dreams. His job has a couple departments that Jay could easily jump into. Jay said what helped him make this decision was because the company's focus is 'helping the community'. When Jay transferred over to the new department he is in, Mental Health and Wellness, it brought a lot of things in prospective for him. He said he would really like to give back in some way and help people, especially people who are having a hard time with trying to buy houses, keep their house, etc.
Another goal Jay would like to fulfill in the next year is acquire a Life insurance license. A coworker had gave Jay information about it since he has his license. The guy is one of the directors and does it on the side. I think the guy did it before he had a job there and just kept doing because he really liked it. Jay looked into it and actually has learned a lot about IRA's and 401K's and how to invest your money. I was amazed at how much stuff he read and learned in just a short amount of time. He isn't in too much of a rush to jump into it since it won't be work related but is something he is hoping to accomplish.
With all to look forward to for Jay, I told him that I want him to be happy and able to fulfill some of his dreams outlined for the next year. I decided to only go back to school part-time starting in January. This way it will be a little easier on the home life with one of us at home.
I will keep updating as he enrolls back into school and starts the process for his license.
I'm so super duper proud at how far he has come within his company in just 5-6 months that he has been there with them. He received an award earlier this week for being an overachiever and very caring towards a client. The director received a 5 minute voicemail of how much they appreciated Jay's assistance.
Go babe! You can do it!
Here's a pic of Jay and Bri'elle, I need to take a recent one of us
Check out - Hubby Thursdays with Olga


Way to go jay!!
ReplyDeleteLove your fire place!!!!
God bless you guys! <3