**To read this post summed up in another post go to Update: Our Life - since I'm going to have these posts printed I'm going to retype it separately**
The whole day felt off. I couldn't pinpoint what it was but something was right. At work I had saw that I was spotting more which I thought was starting to go away. Towards the end of the work day when I had used the bathroom I noticed it was looking more like blood but didn't want to freak myself out I told myself i would take it easy when I got home. Shortly after getting home I started to get weird cramps almost like my period. It started to freak me out but since my family didn't know that I was pregnant I was trying to wait and talk with Jay about what we should do and what options I had. Jay was outside fixing his car when all of a sudden I experience sharp very painful cramps. I couldn't sit or stand and they hurt so bad I thought my body was going to rip in half. And then I felt it, blood pouring out.
I immediately went to the bathroom and saw the white porcelain bowl filling with bright red blood. I started to cry, I couldn't help it. My head was filling up with so many things I didn't want this to happen. The next thing I knew I was standing in the hall staring into my sister Haley's room crying. She knew something was wrong (she knew I was pregnant). She jumped up asked me what was wrong and ran to get Jay. My mom had just walked out of her room when she saw that I was not the same and very upset, I announced the news that I was pregnant and that something was wrong, either I was losing the baby or bleeding internally (I had already started my blood thinners and thought this was a possibility). My mom phoned the advice nurse to see what we should do.
Another issue to my bleeding is that with my medical history I'm considered high risk pregnancy whenever I get pregnant. I'm given instructions to administer blood thinner injections everyday until about 6 weeks after the baby is born. I wasn't sure if my blood thinners would affect the bleeding and if I could be possibly hemorraghing. After speaking with the advice nurse I was scheduled an appointment the next day with the nearest OBGYN doctor at the facility closest to my house (which is 5 minutes). That night I was to watch my bleeding and cramping. I also emailed my specialist who is looking after me for this pregnancy.
Early the next morning my doctor's nurse phoned to say she was cancelling my appointment and that my doctor would see me. When I went to the appointment he found a tear and clot along my uterine wall that was causing my pregnancy sac to disconnect from the wall. It started at my cervix and went up one side to the middle of the top. Luckily the placenta was on the other side otherwise I would've lost the pregnancy. From that day I was put on bedrest until an ultrasound showed it was healed. The doctor said that they haven't discovered what causes this to happen especially for women who haven't had a previous ceasarean. So from that moment on my baby's life was in my hands.Thank God the little baby was fine and the second I heard this little one's heartbeat I could breath again. God could work miracles and was working a miracle.
When I got home I looked it up on the internet because I had never heard of something like this. To my surprise it is very common, well at least I found a support group with a lot more women than I expected to. Most of the girls were on bedrest their entire pregnancy but were able to deliver there babies with no issue. I didn't read one story where it ended badly for the unborn child or mother. I was very relieved. I knew I would just have to take it easy, pray to God, and my baby will be fine.

No comments:
Post a Comment