Pretty & Pregnant - Our first Appointment
Pretty & Pregnant
Our first appointment went very well. We met will our perinatalogist who would be caring for me and the baby while I'm pregnant. The doctor who I had with Bri'elle resigned in the hospital to find a job closer to where she lived in the same field. Our new doctor I had communicated with a couple times while I was pregnant with Bri'elle but never actually saw him. He is such an amazing doctor.
Jay and I both love our new doctor. He seemed very open and did a lot of research and studying of my medical history (which is so important since I fill up a persons lifetime history in a few years of my own).
At this appointment we got to see our little button. Judging by the size of the baby at this time I was about a week behind of my own calculations (from the first day of my last period). I learned that it is very important they go by the baby's size this way they can follow your baby's growth and not what a guess is by your cycle or estimated ovulation. At first we were a little disappointed to learn I was a week behind but quickly got over it just realizing what a gift we were given.
I expressed my concerns of the little spotting that had started and talked to the doctor about it. He stated it could be normal or mean various different things (for example miscarriage). He wanted me to not worry and to let him know if anything got worse, but we were able to see and hear the baby at this moment.
This was a great day for us. A very special one. Our journey just begins.
I will have a separate posting so you can meet our little button (since we've moved I have to get it out of a box that at the moment I can't reach). And in the ultrasound the baby really looks like a little button. The doctor had to draw an "X" so we could see the little precious one. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment