We get so busy during December for the Holidays especially with all of our traditions and new ones we have started. This year we weren't able to do all of our traditions since I'm limited on the things I can do but I'm sure next year will be a whole other story.
First Trip: Tilden Park - this has been a tradition for at least the past 6-7 years, I'm so happy this is one we were able to do this year.
Seeing Santa is another tradition/ part of our Christmas celebration. Since I was a baby my mom has always taken me and as the family grew all of us to see Santa even in my highschool days. If one of us weren't there she still had them taken throughout the years. Every Christmas she lines them up on the mantle adding the newest year. It's so neat to look back at them and yes, we all still take Santa pics for her :) Jay and I decided we wanted to make this our tradition and every year we will purchase the special frame they have for our Christmas with Santa. This year was interesting because Bri'elle knows who Santa is but didn't want to sit on his lap. When we were waiting in line I thought of a master plan to reel her in.... Santa had a special gift to hand to Bri'elle as she walked up to him (yes, I'm a genius...this gift came from the Disney Store within the mall, lol). And it worked! She still didn't really want to sit on his lap but she thanked him and even blew him a kiss. Jay and I joined her for the picture so she wouldn't freak out.
A new tradition we're adding - Gingerbread Man/House We actually did this last year and the year before but it was mainly for fun and to be spontaneous. This year Bri'elle did it all by herself. I'm totally excited for the years to come.
The tradition we weren't able to make it to this year because of time and limited energy was - Candy Cane Lane, but we did drive around through a street near our house of about 5 houses that are all decked out (we drove there almost everytime coming home from somewhere).
It was so much fun doing the little few things that we did. I loved seeing Bri'elles face just light up. Such a jolly season!
awww how fun! Jordan decorated the same gingerbread men. They were huge!!! ;) Bri'elle looks so happy. I can tell that she loved Christmas and all of the wonderful traditions. <3
awww how fun! Jordan decorated the same gingerbread men. They were huge!!! ;) Bri'elle looks so happy. I can tell that she loved Christmas and all of the wonderful traditions. <3
ReplyDeleteWhat great traditions!!
ReplyDeleteThose gingerbread men kept her busy and mommy kept eating the candy..lol. It was fun this year. I so can't wait for next year!
ReplyDelete