August 7th, 2011
I remember this date quite well actually. We were in Monterey for the weekend and agreed we would take a test while we were down there. It would be just us and very intimate. As the weekend rolled around I remember feeling nervous. My period was expected to come between the 3rd-6th sometime. Usually my cycle is off by a couple days so it was normal for it not to have started by the time the weekend came. BUT I just had this feeling I was pregnant. It was like something inside me was telling me I was but I would still get nervous that I would take a negative test. We had some issues in June that scared me a little for it to make my cycle off. I chart my monthly cycles since I'm not on any type of birth control (because of my medical history I'm not able to take birth control and other forms I scared would make me infertile).
The past week I had been feeling really different like pregnant different but couldn't tell if it was all in my head, my nerves, or if it was really happening. By the time the weekend got there I was so anxious to take a test but we decided we would end our trip with taking the test. As the weekend would go along I would remember thinking could time just hurry up so I can know already but I didn't want to waste the precious time with the family that was right in front of me so I had to hold tight.
Sunday came and it was finally here. The moment that both Jay and I had been waiting for. Jay said he didn't need to have a test to prove I was pregnant because he already knew. I on the otherhand needed more proof than just a missed period and couldn't bare to wait another week to confirm Auntie Rose wasn't showing up anytime soon.
On our way home we stopped at Target. We had plans to take the test in our room and celebrate with lunch but through our other plans it was better that it was saved for the last leg of our trip. I went in to Target and went to the aisle. I started panicking when I seen all the tests, which one is going to tell me I'm pregnant. I grabbed a less expensive on sale came with three tests kind of deal. I purchased and headed for the restroom. I unwrapped that little destiny of white and a mystery of pink lines and prayed. I asked the Lord that if it was his will and way to please show me a positive test. I thanked him for our daughter and how wonderful she is and that I would be truly blessed with another gift from him. I asked him to bless me and be with me when I discover the results. I would not be angry with him if the test isn't positive that I will be sad but will understand. As I said "Amen" I started the standard procedure. And then the waiting began, I tried not to sit and stare at it because that only seems to make the suspense worse.
And then it happened.... I saw two pink lines. One was a little faded then the other but it was there. We are having a baby. I immediately took a picture and texted Jay Congrats - daddy!
However, Jay was letting Bri'elle watch a movie on his phone so he didn't get it and I was able to show him the test in person. We both were super excited and gleaming with joy. It was surreal that it seemed like when we gave each other a congratulatory kiss it felt like all eternity. Aw!
We then began on the way home discussing baby plans. :)
The beginning of known pregnancy..... in the car I had called for a referral to the perinatal department from my OBGYN doctor. I could expect a call within the next few days :)



awww so cute! I'm so happy and excited that we get to share this journey together and are both having little girls ;) Love you <3
ReplyDeleteAww!!!! Yay!!! Love that our little group is growing!!!
ReplyDeleteIt will be great to see how big our group gets. :)
ReplyDeleteMarissa, it is a great experience and nice there is one of my bestest girls to share it with.
Love you girls!