Big Sister in Training: 2 Year Check-up
December 19th, 2011
Today Bri'elle had her two year old check up. I as a mommy was super excited to go and see how much our little girl has grown. She hadn't been to the doctor since June so I definitely wanted some kind of update (thank the Lord we haven't been in to see the doctor unless its required).
Bri'elle was a little lazy today not wanting to wake up so we were rushing out of the house to leave. As we were getting ready I kept telling her that she was going to see the doctor and explained to her what the doctor does. I told her how the doctor is going to ask to see her heart and listen to it "thump thump", then she will want to check your eyes, ears, mouth, and nose. And then after for being such a good patient she gives you a "present". Jay and I have both agreed that we want to teach Bri'elle that the doctor is good and helps us. Also it is important to explain to her what is going to happen. Since I had a lot of medical issues growing up and the amazing people to care for me I don't want to have my kids scared or hating the doctor. I think as she gets older I will introduce what I went through so she will always understand they are good people that God put on this Earth to help us whenever we are sick/ill. And I want to always teach her to be a good patient.
When we entered the room Bri'elle was amazed with all the stuff in there. I let her play with the gloves and showed her the tools the doctor will use on her. We played with the protective paper on the examination table. I allowed her to get comfy with the room and then the doctor came in. At first she was a little shy, but once the doctor gave her the "present" a little book and started to talk with me Bri'elle all of a sudden says, "doctor look it doctor, hi doctor" all the while raising her "banket (blanket)" in the air. Bri'elle started talking away. The doctor saved the examination for last to do an overview of what Bri'elle was up to. It was so funny because all the questions the doctor would ask me, Bri'elle would answer her. I was so happy to see Bri'elle and the doctor interacting without me needing to answer for her and take control. The doctor asked her if she ate certain foods and Bri'elle would answer yes or if she was really excited (when the doctor asked about fruit) Bri'elle would scream with her arms in the air "YEAH". She even told the doctor she likes broccoli. The doctor was pretty impressed to see that Bri'elle could hold a conversation and understood her. We then began to tell the doctor the things she likes to do (mommy had to answer some of these because Bri'elle started to look through her book and the pamphlets). Bri'elle would climb up and down off of the table which shocked the doctor. I then explained how Bri'elle is very active and doesn't limit herself. She made a comment of Bri'elle being a gymnist. Bri'elle had sneezed and asked for a tissue then realized her nose didn't run and instead asked the doctor if she could wash her hands. It was the cutest little thing.


Next came the examination. I had told the doctor that I explained to her what she would be doing so she could ask Bri'elle to show her the different parts of her body. The doctor played into it and asked Bri'elle where all the different parts were so she could look at them. Bri'elle showed her all of them and sat very still to allow her to get good views. She even breathed in and out when the doctor was checking her heart and air flow. I was so happy that giving her the explanation helped.


The appointment came to an end and surprisingly she was all caught up on her immunizations and vaccinations until late January, woo for now. But I did opt for her to get the flu nasal spray. I tried to tell Bri'elle all she had to do was smell it but since the little spray container looked like a syringe she was not having it. Oh my poor little girl cried and was so scared but after the lady had finished she looked around and noticed it didn't hurt her. I comforted her and the lady gave her a sticker which made it all better. Bri'lle still told me, "mommy no like it". I think at the next appointment hopefully daddy will be able to go too (poor Jay was upset someone called him at 6:30 calling in so her had to go fill in at another location since there was no manager on site - on the up side he gets off two hours earlier). Right before we were leaving Shelly (Bri'elles aunt) let Bri'elle use her chapstick since Bri'elle asked for it. The doctor was talking to me about "baby sister" and I was telling her how Bri'elle has been getting it lately. Bri'elle comes over to me tells the doctor "baby sitsah" lifts up my shirt and put chapstick on my belly. The highlight of my day so far.
For Bri'elle:
Mommy is so proud of you today. You behaved so well at the appointment. It was very important to mommy that you understand the doctor is only there to help you and see that you stay healthy. So far God has blessed us with a very healthy little girl and I have faith he will continue to keep you healthy. One of mommy's fears is having one of my children being ill or have medical issues but I have learned I have to let God handle it. God can see us through all things and this is something I have to let go. God has showed me he is keeping you healthy and your growing like you should. Honey, learn from this and always keep your faith even when you don't feel good. Not feeling good only lasts for a short period of time and God rewards us with the greater causes. I love you and love who you are. You are developing into a little girl and shedding pretty much all of your babiness, but you will always be my little baby. :) Always remember daddy and I love you very much and try to guide and shape you as you get older. P.s. always remember to eat your fruits and veggies. :)
Bri'elles Stats:
Weight: 28 pounds - 70th percentile
Height: 35 1/2 inch - 90th percentile - the doctor said if Bri'elles height keeps going the way it has (since birth Bri'elle has always been tall) she is projected to be 5'8. This is amazing since Jay and I are both short. But it doesn't surprise us since most of our family are tall.
Bri'elles weight is a little lower on the scale (nothing to be concerned about) but the doctor said that its because she is so tall and active.
The next appointment is when she is 3!!!!
Hanging out with Auntie Shelly today helping hang up some ornaments.
Good Job Bri'elle!!! She is sooo cute and smart Brandi. :) She is going to be such a wonderful big sister and have so much to teach her little sister. <3
ReplyDeleteWay to go bri'elle!! I agree with Marissa she is going to be a great big sister!
ReplyDelete