I didn't really want to read through it and had to think about if I wanted to keep it or not. When Jay asked what kind of content was in it I said, "I'll burn it". He laughed thinking I wasn't serious until I asked him to rip off the cover so the pages could go in our fire. I then told him he could read it if he wanted but he said he didn't have any interest. He knew me back then and he has a future with me now, he said, "that's all I need is what I have with you". It made me feel warm inside to know he wasn't curious what went on in that pink binded book.
It took a lot to burn it. I went through it randomly to see if there was anything that I wanted to keep from it. It read about getting my nose pierced to getting in trouble and much much more. Reading those things made me not want to get rid of it but when I think about the journal it was about me looking for love in all the wrong places and with the wrong people. Why would I want to keep something I would NOT want my daughter's or any children of mine to read.
So with that said it got tossed in the fire and I have evidence to proof it. Goodbye past - goodbye the letters of a girl who wanted to be loved - only to find love right in front of her - God forgave me so why keep anything that will remind me
Linking up this week with:
Sweet Shot Tuesday

LET IT BURN!! You go girl! You are a new women in Christ. Let's praise what is worthy of praise, and anything else.... Let it burn! Love ya girl!
ReplyDeleteThat's right girl! And I haven't regretted it. It felt good. Love ya!
ReplyDelete