Pretty & Pregnant: December Update
December 12th: Today was another doctor appointment. I'm so glad the doctor is watching us closely. We had a good report today for the most part. When the doctor sat down before he proceeded to the ultrasound we went over any concerns or questions that I or daddy had so far. I expressed my concerns for Braxton Hick contractions. The doctor said that it was a little early to experience them but it wasn't uncommon. I let him know how I experienced them with your sister early on and that I was put on bedrest with that pregnancy because they were so bad. He said it could be that I'm petite and you are pushing my muscles causing them to get irritated and contract. He advised to keep a close eye on them. Now onto the ultrasound... We discovered the tear is pretty much healed however it left behind a lot of scar tissue which could cause my water to break at any given moment. I need to be really careful so I do not cause anything to irritate it and cause it to rupture. Also giving reason to the Braxton Hicks. Your movements inside mommy's tummy most likely are irritating the scar tissue and causing them to give contractions. The doctor didn't pose very large concern but will keep an eye on us to make sure things stay going good but we are almost in the "clear zone" which makes mommy and daddy extremely relieved. At the appointment you were laying in the strangest way but not too far off from your usual position, all curled up in a U shape with your hands and feet covering your face. Your head was then tilted to the side away from us. The doctor zoomed in and was able to get a glimpse of your nose and mouth. You were opening and closing it and almost looked as if you were smiling at us. Dr. Downs said it looked like you were swallowing. As the doctor went onto the remainder of the ultrasound, he looked at your heart which looked great and he is 99% sure it is all the way formed with no defects. Next he looked at your stomach which looked great as well.
Everything else looks good! What great news! The tear like I said does pose a risk for preterm labor but were at the point where it would be safe to deliver if we had too. But from the looks of it my cervix is very long and doesn't look like it will be ready for labor anytime soon. I need to remain on bed rest and careful of any activities to ensure you stay in there until you are ready.
Today you measured to be about a POUND! You were 15 oz but it was more closer to a pound. Your growing beautifully :)
No ultrasound picture today since you weren't in the best position for a good picture. The doctor did tell me not to schedule my appointments on Monday to make sure we get the better machine (3D's will be coming up soon!).
FUN FACTS:
How big is baby: From the ultrasound 1 pound and I'm guessing about 10 inches (I'll have to ask him to measure baby's length next time)
Weight Gain: Believe it or not I have almost reached 20 pounds. Yes, I'm serious. Since my weight when I first weighed myself varied a couple pounds I have gained anywhere from 17-19 pounds. This doesn't surprise me since with Bri'elle I gained a good 50-55 pounds (it was all belly). I think it will be about the same with this pregnancy.
Sleep: Sleep is pretty good for the most part. I get up to use the bathroom probably an average of 5 times. Sometimes I can go as long as 1 use (if I'm sleeping soundly) or even 3 times. Other times I use it every hour to 30 mins depending on how I'm laying. My sides have been going numb which is cause from poor blood circulation so I have to toss and turn in between sides but I prefer to lay on my right side. And you move the most at night. Recently you have started to move a little less but it as if you are like get up mommy I want to play now. Some days it actually puts me to sleep others I dwell in the moment and watch/feel you move.
Movement: You move like crazy at certain times. It's hard to tell but when people talk or when you hear loud noise (especially your sister's voice) you move like crazy. During the day you are pretty dormant moving here and there otherwise you prefer to move in the evenings or when mommy is going to sleep. When I read and pray at bedtime with your sister you move a lot and its very comforting. If my schedule is thrown off, your schedule gets thrown off and to tell you the truth it scares me when it happens but will try to do what I can to get it back on track. A really funny fact about your movement is you move when the pastor preaches. I noticed it about 4-5 weeks ago and have been watching closely to see if I'm right and I am! haha! Last week you were moving so much during the sermon the people sitting next me (one being your dad) saw in the corner of their eye not even looking at my stomach. I actually giggled out loud because it was so funny. After the sermon you stop moving or only move periodically. You love listening to our Heavenly Father already, that's my girl! Praise the Lord!
Food Cravings/Aversions: Some of my cravings have been caramel, bacon, chocolate, cheese, peanut butter... almost like a sweet/salty craving. Food that I have been craving real recently is salsa, fondue, chili cheese dogs (which is strange because I do not like hot dogs lucky dad bought us some turkey and hebrew beef dogs), caramelized onions on just about anything - we had mashed potatoes one night and burgers the next. Some more cravings have been hot chocolate, waffles, and tortilla soup. Food that have a toll with my stomach early pregnancy it was this certain brand of garlic salt so I have avoided it but I really want to test if its gone. Panda Express not sure if it was the pregnancy or a bad batch of something so I have stayed away from it and a burger from (I forget) but mommy made homemade burgers and I was licking the juice from the burger so I think I will make them from now on, I think it was the grease from the fast food joint since I'm not suppose to eat that stuff anyway. I've craved some other things and have avoided other things but can't exactly remember at the moment. Until next time... I'll keep eating.
Gender: We have confirmed you are still a girl so I'll go for that. We're really excited to have another girl. I get to do all the girly stuff all over again and some I didn't get to do. And I have your big sister to help. One thing we have to remember is not to team up on daddy too much. Who knows how long us girls will be in the ranks :)
Things mommy misses: I will keep this PG for you so I won't go into any detail on one subject ;) **ear muffs my darling j/k** (I hated when my parents would get all gushy and now I think its funny that I can do it...lol) (Your little sis encourages it by pushing daddy and mommy's heads together and then waits for us to kiss, will see how you react. Other things, being out of the house the most. I'm used to being on bed rest but I crave being able to exercise running through a park or etc. I don't miss it too much because it won't be long until I will be doing that this is only temporary and I would give anything up for you. I'm hoping to get an okay to start walking in March. Also to dressing up and going out even if its to a friends house. Mommy loves to dress up (high heels) and since the tear I'm too scared to where anything higher than an inch. Your momma will be making that up with heels and a stroller any chance I can..haha.
Things I'm looking forward to: having another girl! Watching you and your sister together. Seeing your 3D ultrasound and comparing it to our pictures even though I know its only a view. You will take my breath away when I get to take that first look at you but an ultrasound will let me practice so I know to keep breathing, hehe. All the holidays coming up being pregnant. I didn't get to experience pregnancy through the holidays with your sister and will you I do. Spring is the most #1 thing I'm looking forward to, when my little flower will bloom.
Verses for you: They touched me so much during my pregnancy with you it was as if the Lord was speaking to me as I read them. I hope they give you words of Wisdom and you let them speak to your heart
Jeremiah 1:5 - "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
I will post some belly pics soon. I just got my computer back so once I'm able to upload them I'll do a belly growth blog post.
My dear little blossom, I pray that you continue to strive in mommy's tummy. That you are growing like you should and thank God for being by your side. You have shown that soon you will bloom when you are ready and the timing is right. We will see you in about 2 1/2 weeks (in an ultrasound that is). I love you sweetheart!

I am so glad everything is going good. You keep on resting!! Thanks for the updates!
ReplyDelete