Sunday, December 11, 2011

Terrific Two's

Our little girl turned TWO yesterday! It's so hard to believe it but I'm finding with the little ones time does seem to go by faster. I'm pretty excited to take on this new stage of her life. Everyone says how the two's are terrible but I'm destined to make this two year old life terrific and even if we go down some hard roads as she is learning I plan to take it in as being terrific, not terrible. Similar words but very different. It's how you look at it. Geez, this little girl teaches me so much! 

Bri'elles day began waking up at about 8:30. I was surprised she even woke up this early for being up until about 1:00 in the morning the night before. She woke up scared and wanted momma. It was such a good feeling to hear her wanting momma. I ran to her side (at the side of our bed on her little bed we setup since we haven't put her in her room since we've moved). She immediately grabbed on to me and even though I'm not suppose to be doing any lifting or holding, I allowed myself to hold her and embrace her first little moments of being two. I prayed over her asking God to bless this new day and new life of being two, please allow her to learn many things especially in His word. Also to please keep me safe as I embrace this glorious gift He sent to me two years ago, Amen. Bri'elle continued to want me as she said "momma hold you" - which means "hold her". And I just let myself hold her for the next 5 minutes until I walked her to my side of the bed and held her in our bed. About 5 minutes later I needed to use the bathroom so I tucked her in. Just as I was getting up she says, "momma momma come back". Next thing I know she followed me in the bathroom and laid her head on my knees as I was using the bathroom, so much for privacy. 
  
It was such a great feeling to have my daughter yearn for me especially at her new age. I know it won't change over night or any time soon that she will no longer want mommy to do certain things but I will enjoy every moment that she clings to me. 

Around the house we were getting things ready for Bible study and her birthday party which would be shortly after. We let Bri'elle take her time getting up and just lounge around until the Bible study group got here. Once they did the fun started. Bri'elle loves that little group. Everytime I tell her about it she will say "mah friends". Or will ask for the different kids if something reminds her of them. She is such a lovable little girl who loves to give hugs and kisses. I hope she stays this way for a very long time :) 

We did a steal- a- gift exchange between us ladies. It was so much fun! And the gag gift, Oh Meagan you are too funny!!!! Hilarious! 

After a little more playing Bri'elles party began with me running the show of arts and crafts. We thought it would be a great idea to do an ornament making party this year where the kids could make an ornament and bring it home for their family. I actually made the type of ornament they made when I was little and it's so nice to reflect back on the little things like that when Christmas comes around at my parents house and to see all our ornaments we made over the years. It really is something I look forward to seeing when we visit for the holidays. So what better way to be able to pass this on to my little girl and her friends. They made Rudolph the reindeer ornaments. It was a lot of fun having them sit in a line. They were very good as I passed out each of the different items to put on Rudolph and even sat there very patiently as I glued each piece on him. It was a lot of fun seeing them so excited to make it. It really did warm my heart. 

The rest of the party commenced on.... and on... and on..... We thought it would be better to separate the times a little bit from Bri'elles friends (and little kid family) from the adult family that would be there to allow a little bit more running around room for the kids and since the party is focused on Bri'elle allows her to have some time with all her little friends. 

This year the party was small consisting of about 5 little kid friends and close family. Since it was a smaller type of party we served appetizers and dessert. 

For the cake we did brownie pops made with candy canes and miniature mini cupcake bites. Bri'elle gets so excited for cake that  anytime we are somewhere where there is cake or even candles she thinks it is someones birthday, bless her heart. So as the days were getting closing to HER birthday we would try to explain to her that it was her birthday. She gets to blow the candles out. She did get it until everyone sang Happy Birthday to HER. It was so funny to watch. When we began to sing Happy Birthday, Bri'elle started to sing it. She starts looking at everyone noticing them all looking at her and singing above her. And then it hit her when we all said Bri'elle! Her little face turned a pinkish color and she put her head into daddy to be shy. It was the cutest little thing. And then she enjoyed the goodies. 

Towards the end of the party Bri'elle was interested in opening her gifts but wanted each item to be opened. At this point she was EXTREMELY tired because she didn't have a nap and went to sleep at 1:00 am. She wanted something to soothe her ucky sleepy feeling. So when she started to throw a little fit I explained to her that she could open one present but we would open the rest later. She picked a present that needed to be used in the bath - OF COURSE SHE WOULD! Ha, there mom lol! Since her last little kid friend was leaving and the remaining guests were family I decided to let her open her gift and take a bath. She was going to need one before bed anyways and with our kind of parties, they last for hours. Once she was in the bath and played for about 15 minutes she was satisfied. She got out and was in such a better mood by this time the only people left were my brother and sister, Jay's brother, my cousin, and two of my best friends. They all played with her and let her open the gifts they got her. After maybe 20 more minutes of play time my brother took Bri'elle in the room to grab her stuff for bed. As he was getting her bed ready she fell asleep within just seconds of him setting her down. She clonked out for two hours. 

She woke up had some dinner, played and watch some toons for a bit, then went back to sleep.

Her birthday was so much fun! I know she enjoyed it a lot. 
 
Bri'elle daddy and I love you so much! We are thankful you are a part of our lives and God has blessed us with your presence. You are truly a gift and one of a kind. We pray for you all the time and ask God to guide us in the right path to parent you to His likings. There aren't enough words to even express how much I appreciate the time we have with you and continue to have with you. May this next year of your life be blessed with many levels of love, happiness, and types of learning. I love you my little goddess sent from above.

(Her two year old portraits and ones from her party will be in a separate post)





Photobucket 




 

3 comments:

  1. That was such a wonderful day! I'm so happy that Bri'elle enjoyed it so much. She is so darling! We love you Bri'elle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you guys had a great birthday party! i can't believe that we are halfway to my little guys SECOND birthday. oh man, i don't even want to think about it. i'm glad you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marissa - thanks! She had tons of fun..even more fun when I let her actually open the boxes to her presents. Thanks again for coming!!! <3 you!

    Melissa - welcome to the blog :) Thanks for following. Start planning now for the little guy's bday if you choose to do a party, it helps and saves you money in the long term (you don't have to buy everything you need at once).

    ReplyDelete