Friday, April 1, 2011

Hubby Thursdays - Our lunch Date

Thanks Olga for the awesome link up!

Since we've been so busy (well mostly me) we haven't had much time together. And I mean US time, just hanging out - like a date. I have been feeling pretty guilty and you know when it's way past due and both of you become a little antsy and then you realize that it's because you need Mr&Mrs time together. Well that's what we needed for our remedy some us time. Today Jay's mother (step-mom) DeAnna took Bri'elle took work with her ALL day. She had her from about 8:45 to 5:30. Jay and I took advantage of this time. I got off of work at 3:00 and so we had quite a bit of time to fulfill. We debated on going and seeing a movie but since we bought discounted tickets it would only make sense to use them to their full benefit at the most costly time to go. After tossing a few ideas up in the air we headed to Bay Street. You really can't go wrong there. The atmosphere is always great and you have a lot of options. We headed straight for the Elephant Bar. I was craving coconut shrimp and Jay was just hungry so we went to the bar section since it was Happy Hour. I recommend going at this time if you want to save money. I always prefer to go to eat at happy hour anywhere. Things are less expensive, you can't beat $2-$6 appetizers and drinks even non-alcoholic ones. We ordered coconut shrimp, chicken lettuce wraps, and hand breaded chicken strips. For drinks I got a strawberry lemonade and Jay had a mojito. It was great having that little bit of time with him. We got to chit-chat and just hang out. I love these moments. After our mid-afternoon meal of course we had to have dessert! And we went to OUR favorite place the Tea Cake Bake Shop. Jay ordered our usual, Pink Velvet Cupcake, and I decided to try something new, Coconut Cupcake. Plus, I got my clover milk and Jay got his coffee. Perfect ending to a nice day. It was a bonus that it was so nice out. Oh and I have to add we picked up a nice little treat for Bri'elle from the Bake Shop. A blossom cookie (cookie shaped like a flower blossom).

Times like these definitely make you appreciate the love you share. :)
 Cheers to us!

 Our Food! 

 Cupcakes!!!!!

 Cheers to us (I kept missing myself - and the sun was totally in my eyes)

 Now I missed Jay - I love sharing!

<3


2 comments:

  1. You two are sooo cute together. This blog made me super hungry though lol. <3 Quality Mr. & Mrs. time is sooo important :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dates are the BEST!!!

    the food looks delish!

    ReplyDelete