Thursday, April 21, 2011

Hubby Thursdays - Fun Together

Link up with Olga Marquez

This week's prompt: What you two like doing together

It's funny how this link up is working out because the hubby expects it when Thursdays come around and he gets all excited saying, "what are we doing this week?" and he already makes it into a date type of thing for us (as long as it works for that week) since he knows how much it means to me. : D It's so cute....

Jay and I pretty much LOVE doing whatever together. We mesh really well and compliment each other. Not to mention we used to work together so I think that helped to build our relationship seeing each other really 24/7 literally. A few things that we absolutely love is cooking, shopping, pampering, relaxing, traveling, okay so I lied that is pretty much everything (lol). One of our favorite things that we do together is cook and travel. We both love food (if you haven't noticed almost ALL of our posts include food). It's awesome that we share this passion for the decoration, the display, taste, texture, and smell of food. Another thing we love to do is shop. Even if it is just window shopping. We have tons of fun going into the stores picking out what we would love in a future house or even just being silly and walking out with smiles on our faces and our hands empty. I thinks its the conversation and the time together that matters.

It worked out perfectly for today because we needed to get some stuff for Easter. And it was for Bri'elle so we left her with my mom and sister. It's always fun shopping for her when she's not there so then it's more of a secret and like I;m not spoiling something by letting her see it. We went to Michael's (the arts and craft store) and then to Target.


After our shopping brigade we went and picked the little girl up to finish our date, so it turned into a family date. It was still a lot of fun. Even our poor teething girl had fun (yes, she is teething again!). We went for an early dinner at the Powder Keg FYI - the best fish tacos. We ordered a fish n chicken with chips combo and fish tacos. Bri'elle loved the fish. We were so surprised that she preferred the fish over the chicken. Now that's our girl! Instead of regular fries we got garlic fries since it just sounded good. They were good! Once we filled our bellies we headed over to Starbucks grabbed two white choc mochas for me and the hubby and for our lil girl we grabbed a kids apple cider. There is a cute little park over by the Powder Keg so we headed back that way and went to that park. We were there for about an hour. There is a big frog statue thing at the park and Bri'elle thought it was the best thing at the park. It was so cute because I think she thought it was real.







It was a lot of fun at the park. We were hoping it helped Bri'elle get her teething off of her mind. Once we got home she laid herself in bed, pulled up the covers, and said night night. Too cute! About an hour after we got home I headed off to the gym. I workout for about an hour and a half. The little one was already asleep so mommy and daddy get to finish their date. A new Netflix dvd arrived in the mail today so we are going to watch it. Usually we are pretty good about returning them but this last one we had for a week! I'm hoping to get the one we got today watched and send it off on its way for the next one. This one was Jay's pick of Fighter. Let's hope its good.





Good Night!

<3

3 comments:

  1. You two are so adorable. I LOVE Powder Keg. I just had their fish taco's a few weeks ago with Justin. YUMMY!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GIIIRRRL!!! You two are awsome! I love that you guys always do a lot together and leave the little one behind even if its just for an hour or two! This definitely strengthens a marriage and its good that the little ones see that mommy and daddy get alone time too! What a fun time shopping, park time with the little one and then alone time again with a great movie, and cuddle time with the hubs!

    PS LOVE that jay looks forward to Thursdays!! haha!! Thats awesome! ;). Thanks for always linking up girlfriend =).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marissa: I never thought I would like fish tacos, but they are amazing. We had them again tonight!

    Olga: I need to thank you! I've always wanted a set day where at least once a week Jay and I have our date/alone time and this has pushed us to do it. It has definitely strengthened our marriage.

    Thanks for the fabulous comments girls! :)

    <3 ya!

    ReplyDelete