This is such a relief for us. First Jay got sick and really sick. He was admitted for a day with a bad case of strep throat. Next was Bri'elle. She ended up getting a little something from Jay. Luckily it only lasted for a couple of days. Poor thing had a fever really bad and was throwing up. I think this is her second time getting sick since she's been born. And finally, momma didn't get sick! Yay! I'm knocking on wood as I say this. It is so hard to try to kick the cold/flu but I'm a worker when it comes to this stuff. I don't play around, I think the cold gets me rather than the other way around. Since I think I do a good job at clearing the cold I thought I would share some tips.
******DISCLAIMER: THE INFORMATION BELOW IS NOT CERTIFIED BY A DOCTOR OR LICENSED PROFESSIONAL. THIS INFORMATION HAS BEEN GATHERED FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE AND HAS NOT BEEN TESTED UNDER MEDICAL CODE. PLEASE FIRST CONSULT WITH YOUR PHYSICIAN IF YOU HAVE A MEDICAL OR PSYCHIATRIC EMERGENCY. IF YOU NEED IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE CALL 911. -THANKS!******
- WASH YOUR HANDS ALL THE TIME (EVEN WASH THE LITTLE ONES HANDS) Yes, I mean it. Wash their hands often.
- TAKE EMERGEN-C OR AIRBORNE (As soon as you feel a slight of sickness)
- DRINK ALOT OF FLUIDS
- TRY TO SUCK ON ICE OR LEMONDROPS TO HELP GET YOUR SALIVA GOING (Do not do for children, it can pose a choking risk)
- DO NOT STAY IN THE SAME CLOTHES FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME
- WASH YOUR BEDSHEETS AND PILLOW CASES AFTER A COUPLE OF DAYS
- SWITCH OUT YOUR TOOTHBRUSH
- DO NOT TOUCH YOUR EYES, NOSE, AND MOUTH
- WIPE DOWN ALL SURFACES WITH LYSOL OR A DISINFECTANT (any areas that germs could spread, especially areas you touch frequently)
- TURN ON SHOWER 5 MINS BEFORE YOU BATH WITH HOT WATER AND SIT TO IN BATHROOM TO USE AS A HUMIDIFIER
- BATHE OFTEN
- DRINK TEA WITH HONEY AND LEMON
- SWALLOW TSP OF HONEY AND CINNAMON
No comments:
Post a Comment