Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Fools Day

I didn't think much of April Fools this year. In the past I have been a participant but sometimes you run out of jokes and honesty this year I wanted to sit on the side lines and watch everyone else fool whoever they intended. Well, I had one coming my way little did I know. Jay decided to tell me that we received a letter from the IRS about our taxes saying that our direct deposit information failed and that they are going to send us a check instead but it would take an additional 2 weeks or so. I didn't think much of it so I said okay and added that it kinda sucks and that we would have to re-do our budget planning for this month. Really inside I was like NOOOOOOooooo but I try not to show that I'm worried. A little later we discussed it some more but about what needs to get paid instead of what and etc. I didn't think anything of it. The night goes on after about five hours and then Jay decides to say, "our federal is in the bank, looks like they only messed up on the state." Still I didn't think much of it and I said,"Thank God" in response. Then he proceeds with, "APRIL FOOLS!!!!!" I laughed for a second because at first I didn't get it and then had to ask what the joke was and what part is the April Fools. It was a little funny because then I confused him and at the end we got to have a little laugh.

And to clarify: Our taxes are in the bank! : D

<3

1 comment: