Monday, April 11, 2011

Jay's 3rd Interview

Yes, that is right! His 3rd Interview!!!

A little bit of history:
After having a temp job being a cook at a restaurant for the past 1 1/2 weeks Jay decided it wasn't for him and he pretty much worked there for free and it really doesn't matter besides the fact that everything happens for a reason. The cooking job demanded he work everyday even though he requested to have Sunday's off. When he requested to get off a day because he had an interview (he told the lady he had an appointment) the lady completely blew off the fact he didn't show up for work after telling her way in advance he needed the day off. Later that night (Tuesday) Jay's phone falls in the water when he went kayaking, he wasn't able to go turn it in for a new one until late Wednesday afternoon. Wednesday morning our car got a flat on the way taking me to work which meant he wouldn't be able to make it to cook. A few attempts and no response Jay knew that the cooking job wouldn't work out. On Thursday Jays phone arrives (earlier than the estimated time of Friday afternoon). Once Jay got it all hooked up there was a missed call and a voicemail left just 20 minutes earlier. It was the first company he had an interview with and made it all the way to the 2nd one. They wanted him to come in the following day for the 3rd interview.

 The interview (Friday):
Jay's interview was on Friday at 3:00p.m. I got off of work at 3:15p.m. so my mom watched Bri'elle and brought her to the park by my work until it was time to pick me up. I didn't leave work until 3:30 and we didn't get home until about 3:55 because I let Bri'elle play at the park a little longer so I could watch her and then we picked my little sister up from school. As we pulled into the driveway I get a call from Jay. And guess what he says!?!?!?! He is employed!!!!!!!!!! The best news ever! He tells me how the interview went and that he is on his way home to share the details. Once he got home he told me all about the interview which basically was a meeting with the VP of the company. She asked Jay a few questions like what he was looking to get out of the company and why he would be the right choice for them if they were to hire him. Apparently he said the right answers because after that she hired him. The other lady (the manager of the department he would be working in) who interviewed Jay at the second interview showed him his office and around the building introducing him to the others in the department. She went over some details and said he will receive a letter in the mail to sign welcoming him to the company upon a background screening. And that she will see him on May 2nd for his first day of work.

God is so amazing and answered our prayers just at the right time. We would like to thank everyone who prayed with us and for us. Jay is employed at a great company that he wishes to make a career out of it and not just a job. Jay is completely ecstatic and has worked hard for this. I'm so proud of him. This is a start of a turning point in his, mine, and our families life.

Our Celebration:

Friday night Jay and I went to Happy Hour at Tahoe Joe's, now one of our favorite places. We each ordered a drink and we shared four appetizers. It was so much fun. We got to talk about our future plans and just have a good time knowing that God is taking care of us and has a plan mapped out. We need to be patient and allow him to work in our hearts before we can make the proper steps.

Me and Jay - I set my camera on the top of the booth for the pic.


My happy,well-deserved,proud hubby

One proud and excited wife

Maybe we did order too much food

You can still see the happiness in his face- and it's not from the food :)

When we came home our babysitter (my little sis) & Bri'elle were passed out

Our Future Plans:
Now that we know God has provided us with some security that we have been waiting for we are now discussing our moving out plans, getting a commuter car, paying off the rest of debt, daycare, and an addition to the family. I will keep you posted as things progress and Jay's first day of work. Yes, I took that day off. 

Again, I would like to thank everyone!!!!! I appreciate the time and thoughts from everyone especially the support that our family and friends have given us through the past two years of our life that we struggled with only one of us working. I really can't express my feelings because there are so many but the happiness, joy, gratitude, and hope that I'm feeling feels like when I was told I no longer have cancer, when Jay asked me to marry him, our wedding day, when we found out I was pregnant,the birth of Bri'elle, are all just a few situations that I've felt similar emotions.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also too add, Jay and I went to the movies on Saturday ($6.00 tickets from Groupon). We saw The Lincoln Lawyer and I highly recommend this movie. It was a fantastic movie with a great story line. 

<3

1 comment:

  1. I'm soooo happy for you two. This is so amazing! Good job Jason!!!! Hopefully you'll be adding to your family about the same time we are ;) I love you guys!!! We definitely need to celebrate in May!

    ReplyDelete