Friday, July 1, 2011

Father's Day - Church & Six Flags

Father's day continued....

On actual Father's Day we headed off to church. There was a guest speaker Former Heavy Weight Champion, Chris Byrd, starting off our series Knockout. The service was such an amazing and inspiring service. Chris told us about his life as a boxer and how he was winner and wanted to be rich. He discovered that his life was missing something even with all the fame and fortune. After his wife had given her life to the Lord and witnessed to him he found out that he needed God in his life. With God in his life he was really winning and his career was more booming then before.

When the service ended we had a chance to meet with Chris Byrd and snap some pictures with him. It was so cool! Jay was so excited! I think it was more of an inspiration for him as well to see someone like that express his love for God. Chris even has his boxing introduction music as Christian music. Amazing! Next we traveled to the grass picnic area of the church to see the cars our church put together for the dad's and some 'brauts (hotdogs and some fixin's). It was neat looking at some of the classic cars from some of the members of the church.



DeAnna's Dad's car




My dad is totally awe-some


DeAnna's dad, Jay, Jay's dad


After church I let Jay plan out the day of what he would like to do. He said he would like to go with his family and have a fun day at Six Flags. I'm down! I thought that was a great idea. We brought along his sister, my baby sister, and my brother.

Bri'elle rode some of the rides in the kid section. She had a blast. Jay and I rode one ride with her together. It felt so special being with the two of them enjoying ourselves. It was such a hot day that we went to the water play area and let Bri'elle go crazy. All the kids were cracking me up acting like they never seen water before. Mostly it's 1 yr olds to about 5 yrs of age with the exception of a few other kids which was nice because I didn't have to worry about Bri'elle being knocked down. She played really good with the other kids. There was one boy who kept trying to get her attention. He was probably three or so. He would jump up and down and then spin around and do minature hand stands. It was so cute. We had Bri'elles little pink push car and at one point when Bri'elle was playing in the water a little boy came up and sat inside it. I was laughing so hard especially when it took the parents a couple minutes to ralize where he was. Moments only a parent could love. :)

























All in all it was a great day. We came home a little late and got ready for bed. It was nice to spend the day with the honey and celebrate HIM!

Jay, I love you so much. Through thick and thin and the roughest times. You will and always will be the love of my heart. Thank you for all that you do for me and for Bri'elle. You are such a great father and I admire you so much. I'm so glad God has put us in each others paths to walk along and follow him.

<3

1 comment:

  1. sounds/looks like Jay had a great fathers day! Begining to end!!

    SO awesome about Chris Byrd!

    ReplyDelete