Today is my dad's birthday!
We celebrated by having dinner and invited some of the family over. My mom cooked dinner and my little sister Haley made his favorite cake. It was a lot of fun visiting with everyone and celebrating another year for my dad. I swear the older my parents get the younger I think they are. I guess that's good for them....
After we finished eating I took Bri'elle outside. We went swimming but after a lil while it started to get chilly so we played in the back yard. I got out the outside chalk and colored with my little girl. It was a lot of fun. For the theme we drew the American Flag. I love doing activities like this with her... she picks up on the activities fast and makes it fun for mommy to watch her.
Next was cake time which Bri'elle partly missed because we put her in the bath to start getting ready for bed but thanks to nana she had her cake and bath too! Bri'elle loved every minute of eating her cake in the bath. it was so hilarious. I guess that's one way to clean up her mess. haha!
For my dad's birthday I wanted to do something really special for him. He has a couple orange trees in the backyard that he planted a couple years ago. They haven't gotten many fruits but this year one tree grew a very pretty and huge orange. It looked so yummy and juicy (my dad gave it to my Aunt to try) but I'm sure it was delicious. Ever since that orange the tree hasn't bear any more fruits. My dad was a little sad but I had an idea. Early this year when we were out in the yard I had taken a picture of the orange. I remembered that and decided I was going to give him a painting of the orange. Recently I learned how to turn a photo into a painting through a program I have and I'm addicted to it. I love it so much. If I had enough time I probably would turn all my photos into paintings. It's such a unique form of art. Anyways, I created two edited photos of the orange along with the painting. Jay went and picked out a frame and taa-daa lone and behold his gift.
Birthday pics:
| My dad is 49..lol |
| Cotton Candy icecream |
| This was nana's idea |
| My dad's gift from the family (mom) - blender |
Momma in Focus Pictures:
Linking up with Casey Martinez
Happy Birthday DAD!!!!!
<3

No comments:
Post a Comment