Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Fourth of July Celebration - Sunday

On Sunday, we woke up early which is surprising for Sunday as we try to sleep in until we have to get up and ready for church. It was already hot by the time we got to church. When the service was over it was even hotter. Once we got home in the water we go......

My Aunt and little cousin came over to catch some sun and water for a couple hours. Bri'elle admired my little cousin kimi who is I think 11. She only wanted Kimi to help her in the water and play with her. It was really cute. After being in the sun for a little bit it was time for Bri'elle to take her nap. From playing in the sun her nap was a little over two hours. Even still when she woke up it took her about 20 mins to get out of bed. When I went in to check on her she was just waking up so I sat on the bed next to her and she cuddled with me for 20 minutes until she wanted to get up and go back into the pool.



We barbequed and boy was it yummy! Jay made a new style of his baked beans and my dad made a new potato salad, both were mouth watering. After we ate and let our tummies rest we went back in the pool. Before Bri'elle came out we played a round of volleyball. It was a lot of fun and hardwork trying to move in the water so fast to get the ball before it touched the water. When Bri'elle came outside we relaxed and mellowed out. It was mostly the guys who were in the pool with Bri'elle while us ladies got more sun.

















The sun started to go down so our plans next were to go to Six Flags for a couple hours and watch fireworks. We got there a little after 7:00 which left us with plenty of time to ride a couple rides grab dessert and settle in for the firework show. My mom, Corey, and Jojo came with us. When we first got there Corey, Jay, and I rode the water rapids while my mom, Jojo, and Bri'elle walked around. After that ride since all of us got wet we let Bri'elle ride all her rides so we could dry off. Bri'elle rode a couple rides and then we headed over to get a funnel cake to share. Bri'elle totally knows what a funnel cake is.... Last time we were at Six Flags we had a funnel cake and I think she thought it was so yummy that she recognizes it because when I was standing there with her waiting for Jay and my brother to order one she kept yelling bite bite and pointing. I look around and don't really see anything I thought she would be talking about. After she did that a few times I put her down to let her show me what she was talking about. She immediately ran to the nearest group of people who had sat down about 5 minutes before. Until she got closer was when I realized they had a funnel cake and she wanted a bite. Before she got too close I scooped her up and started walking to see how close Jay and Corey were to ordering the cake. Right when I got in front of the funnel cake shop Bri'elle starts pointing to inside screaming, "CAKE! CAKE! CAKE!" I was laughing so hard. It was way too cute. When the guys got back with the funnel cake Bri'elle knew exactly what they had and how to dig in. She kept saying "MMMM YUMMMM!" when she took a bite. And it was a yummy mint chocolate chip funnel cake. It was perfect because the fireworks had started and by the time we finished the funnel cake. It allowed enough time for them to finish and then us wait for most of the crowd to clear out since we sat at the front gate.






















Bri'elle fell asleep as Jay carried her to the car about halfway. She was so tired and so was the rest of us. It was a fun and exciting day. I think the sun plays a big part of wearing everyone down especially the kids, which means lots of sun fun this summer.

<3

1 comment:

  1. looks like you guys had a blast! I love the picture of bri'elle on the floaty!! super cute!

    ReplyDelete