Thursday, October 27, 2011

Soul Surfer

10-26-11

Last night Jay and I watched the movie "Soul Surfer". It was such a touching movie and hit home for me. If you haven't seen the movie you need to watch it. I won't give it away just in case you have no idea what it is about but I will say it will be an inspiration. Basically, something tragic happens to this young teenage girl that changes her life forever. It is also a true story. This girl decides she isn't going to let what happened to her overcome her but instead she is going to embrace the purpose that God had for her and let good come out of it.

I totally relate to her. Throughout the movie in my head and moments out loud I would say comments like "Come on girl you got this" "God is with you, you can do it" "be strong I know its hard" "Don't quit hang in there". I totally wanted to reach out to the girl and give her a hug; let her know that everything will be okay. Everything will be okay.  Sometimes you just need to know you have support. You always have support with God.  What was also amazing is she thanked God for what happened to her and even said she wouldn't have changed the situation because then the message God was trying to make through her wouldn't have been heard. Amen to that! I think a lot of us forget the purposes of some things and dwell in what had happened. I know I can be guilty of that sometimes. But if we reach out to God and let the worry roll off of our shoulders we will soon hear the message that God is trying to make. There is always greater plans that God has for us in all circumstances.

Soul Surfer is the name of the movie but I think its more than just a title of a movie. It's what God wants us to do; more soul surfing. My church did a sermon related to this movie. I hadn't watched the movie at the time but the message was related really well. Now that I watched the full movie it has definitely impacted my life. This was the message God wanted me to hear and see. A lot has been happening the last month. I've had many flashbacks of my past and it was scary and worrying me. Everyday I faced a new challenge. Lately I have been praying that God please relieve me of this, tell me what I need to do, lead me in the direction that I may exalt to you Lord. I've had the weirdest experiences since praying these and I know its God talking to me. For instance, I hadn't attended church this one Sunday. I felt so bad for not going but didn't feel well. I hated the fact that I wasn't able to just make myself go. Almost like I was leaving God behind. I told myself it would be okay because I will have my own Bible study to praise God. I read some of my devotionals but late that night I still didn't feel like I filled up on the Lord. I didn't know what to do. At that time I was sitting on my bed with the tv on some random channel. I was mostly using it as white noise as I was knitting. All of a sudden a preacher popped on the tv and started preaching about worry and how God has plans for us. We need to leave our past behind that God will take care of us. It was so amazing!!!! Thank you Lord. I watch it for the duration of his sermon.

God is good - All the time!!!!!

To watch the sermon from my church about Soul Surfing visit there website - Bay Hills
You will have to follow the instructions to download the sermon audio's.

"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13


"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

"Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. "Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls. "For My yoke is easy, and My load is light." Matthew 11:28-30

2 comments:

  1. I need to rent this movie. That was a great sermon. I'm glad we were there to hear it the day Jay was baptized ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful verses! I love them!! God is so good!! What a wonderful God we have that he hears us and listens to us! He is so worthy of praise!

    I got to watch that movie!

    ReplyDelete