Bible in a year, what could be any better than that?
My friend Marissa had this idea she offered to a group of us girls to all subscribe. It was such a great opportunity to get some word in I couldn't turn it down. You sign up online through your email. The site sends you a daily email of your scripture until you have completed reading the Bible. For us girls its a great way to have communion together knowing we're all setting aside some time at some point during our days to read each passage. We then will get together to have some Bible talk. Since this is a recent project we haven't yet determined how we are going to go about doing it but we'll see. :)
Right now we're reading through Genesis.
If you would like to join Bible in a Year - check out to get your Bible On!!!!!
I felt I really needed to do this for me. To really learn and absorb what God has to say through the history of the Bible. I went to a private school and we read the Bible a lot but that was how many years ago when I was in elementary school. I do Bible studies but reading it from cover to cover is different then selecting a section and reading it for lessons. You can gather information in a whole new light and personally I don't think I was reading the Bible as much as I would like. Now I find myself going back and reading the previous section to really catch what I'm reading. I've also started keeping track of the verses that I really like and that have meaning for me. Along with doing that I also take some notes. That way if I ever need to I can look at my notes for a certain topic or story and already know where to look. Sure, I can google it but for me its just is better to take my own notes. And with others participating what a good way to keep yourself accountable.
I love that we are doing this together. I'm a little behind but I'm keeping up ;)
ReplyDeleteim not just a little but way behind! goodness... i have to catch up!
ReplyDelete