We are expecting!!!!!!
Yes, you've read it correctly. We are expecting our 2nd child. On Halloween we found out that it is another precious girl. Both of us couldn't be more happier right now. Our pregnancy news has been more intimate since we haven't publicly announced that were pregnant and only our close family and friends have shared the news with us.
Early on in my pregnancy had began spotting. I didn't think it was anything serious since I was about 4-5 weeks pregnant and it looked like older blood. The amounts were very minimal so I figured it would be nothing to worry about but I still consulted with my doctor and midwife. Both had the "possible miscarriage" talk with me and told me to keep an eye on it but it could be perfectly normal. At 8 weeks I started to experience some cramping as if I was going to start my menstrual cyle. It was very alarming and I knew something was wrong. Not long after I felt a pop and then blood began to pour. I ran to the bathroom hoping when I looked in the pearl white bowl it would still be that color. To my dismay it was the color I was dreading to see. Immediately I ran out of the bathroom crying not knowing what to do. Jay was outside working on his car. My sisters room is the closest to the bathroom, she was sitting on her bed with the door open and saw that something was seriously wrong. At the same moment she got up to come near me, my mom had just walked out of her room hearing me sob. That was the moment my mom found out I was pregnant. My sister ran out to tell Jay to come inside. My mom phoned the advice nurse for me to talk to her and see if I should be see.
Another issue to my bleeding is that with my medical history I'm considered high risk pregnancy whenever I get pregnant. I'm given instructions to administer blood thinner injections everyday until about 6 weeks after the baby is born. I wasn't sure if my blood thinners would affect the bleeding and if I could be possibly hemorraghing. After speaking with the advice nurse I was scheduled an appointment the next day with the nearest OBGYN doctor at the facility closest to my house (which is 5 minutes). That night I was to watch my bleeding and cramping. I also emailed my specialist who is looking after me for this pregnancy.
Early the next morning my doctor's nurse phoned to say she was cancelling my appointment and that my doctor would see me. When I went to the appointment he found a tear and clot along my uterine wall that was causing my pregnancy sac to disconnect from the wall. It started at my cervix and went up one side to the middle of the top. Luckily the placenta was on the other side otherwise I would've lost the pregnancy. From that day I was put on bedrest until an ultrasound showed it was healed. The doctor said that they haven't discovered what causes this to happen especially for women who haven't had a previous ceasarean. So from that moment on my baby's life was in my hands.
When I got home I looked it up on the internet because I had never heard of something like this. To my surprise it is very common, well at least I found a support group with a lot more women than I expected to. Most of the girls were on bedrest their entire pregnancy but were able to deliver there babies with no issue. I didn't read one story where it ended badly for the unborn child or mother. I was very relieved. I knew I would just have to take it easy, pray to God, and my baby will be fine.
Since the last appoinment on halloween my tear is half healed. The part that is healed is the top which is great. The baby looks perfect and healthy. She doesn't even know what is going on. The doctor said if my tear heals completely I will have a normal (well what I call normal) pregnancy until delivery. I do pose a risk for preterm labor now that the membranes are a little weak but if it heals they could build the strength they need to hold the sac until term. My safe zone right now is 25 weeks. If for some reason I delivered from this week on the baby could survive. I keep praying and am sure that I've made it this far I can make it as far as I want.
With all of that said, is the reason why we haven't yet announced our pregnancy. We are hoping at our next appointment which is in 2 weeks to get some more good news and announce it maybe a week later (which we have another appointment).
Even though already this pregnancy I've been through a lot, I'm really enjoying it. I'm not worrying about a single thing and just taking this pregnancy a day at a time so I can really enjoy this bundle of joy and how she is already giving me the joys of being her mommy.
I will start posting her baby journal starting from two pink lines and catch up with each milestone.
Please pray for me, the pregnancy, the little baby, and our family. We really appreciate all the thoughts and prayers we've already received from our family and friends. It means a lot to know we have such a great support group and we thank you deeply. <3
P.s. I will do another update to some other recent news in a couple days or so..... stay tuned
Brandi- you are so amazing and a wonderful Mommy. I cannot wait to meet her and I'm so happy that our newest additions will be only a few weeks apart - maybe even days apart. They are going to grow up being such a great friends I'm sure... Just like their Mommy's <3 You and your family are in my prayers daily and we love you all sooo much!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you guys!! can not wait to meet her!! Brandi, i love how positive you are and the way you look at life! you are amazing! i love you and cant wait to see you!!
ReplyDelete