Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Some Fun Saturday

Bible study with the ladies and kiddos

This past Saturday my favorite and the most wonderful bunch of women and kiddos got together for our usual Bible Study. It was held at Marissa's has this month where she served Baked Potatoe Soup with all the fixin's (so good!), I brought cheese and garlic croissants, Olga shared some yummy Chicken Caeser Salad, and Melissa brought drinks (I loved the blood orange juice). Here we gathered for some fellowship and communion with each other by our blessings from God. This Bible study group is just amazing. The women are so devoted to God it's inspiring to be around just wonderful people.

It's been awhile that I got to see all these women because of being on bedrest. I missed them all dearly even though I see some of them throughout the week and talk on the phone with them. When God gives you great people in your life you want to surround yourself with them and build a barrier that no sin can break through. And that's how I feel with these women. I feel like there's nothing that can bring me down because God has blessed me with each and every one of them in my life. It's truly remarkable when you look back and see the people that come and go (unfortunately) but you get a totally different feeling when it was God who leads you to the people you should be around.

Proverbs 12:26 One who is righteous is a guide to his neighbor, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.

Proverbs 13:20 Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm.

1 Corinthians 15:33 Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.”

When I'm around these women (and kids) I want to shower them with all the love I can give and let them know I truly appreciate them in my life. It's so great when all of us girls are together. We do the usual mommy talk, wife talk, home talk, God talk, we have so much to say to each other and so much to offer by how we are being blessed in our lives. God has blessed each and everyone of us in very different ways and some ways alike. With all of this we are able to share past experiences and plans for future goals. We are able to console each other when needed, be there for each other, and give a helpful hand. On a higher note we are able to laugh, giggle, and just ultimately have fun.

Proverbs 11:14 Where there is no guidance, a people falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety.

Proverbs 19:20 Listen to advice and accept instruction, that you may gain wisdom in the future.

Proverbs 17:17 A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Bible study was alot of fun this weekend and I was so happy to see these lovely ladies and kids. Can't ya tell?!?!

To top off how great and how much fun these ladies are: Olga brought some clothes she had went through and wanted to get rid of for a clothing swap. It was so much fun raiding someone elses closet - and they are aware of it! haha... I got some pretty good stuff I can't wait to wear. I should've took some pictures of us going through the clothes and trying them on, Darn!! Thanks Olga, that was so sweet of you!!!!!

Thanks Ladies - and kids - for a great Saturday! And big thanks to Marissa for hosting it at your house to be close ;)

{Baby Madison}


{Olga and her beautiful girls}

{Melissa & her son Kaleb}


my sweet little girl Bri'elle }


{Lucy, Raychel, Jordan }



 

 

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. awww you made me cry at work reading this. I love you so much Brandi and I love our bible study group. Everyone is so amazing and I think you stated it all perfectly in this post. :) Love <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. well said, girlfriend!! I feel the same way! I love you all so much and I am so thankful to have all you wonderful ladies in my life!

    And you are so welcome on the clothes ;).

    Great verses!!

    ReplyDelete