Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pretty & Pregnant: Introduction

Pretty & Pregnant

I would like to introduce you to a new addition of the blog. It's a journal for baby #2 and a way that I can capture all things to this pregnancy. These postings will include weekly updates on what's going on and progress of the baby to doctor visit stats and the infamous belly growth. I will also include anything that I think has something to do with pregnancy: thoughts/feelings, cravings, and of course the sisterly love that has already begun.

I'm very excited to be capturing these moments. It will be a great gift to our precious little girl when she's older. Have I mentioned I have Bri'elles delivery on video to look at on Mother's Day and to share with her when she get's older. I will be doing the same for this baby. :)


I'm hoping to make a button for these postings.... as soon as I'm able to do maternity pics... am hoping to have some done sometime this week. **crossing fingers**


Lately, I have had a lot of realizations so to speak, this past sermon at church hit me and hit me hard. It hit me so hard I actually had to go to the bathroom and let myself cry in the stall. Some of it I know are the pregnancy hormones but for the most part it hit home.The speaker this week was one of my peers growing up. He is also the student pastor for our church. This week's message was about how we expect God to do so much for us but then we don't give him our all. It just proved so much that I've been learning with this pregnancy. I literally had to put my full trust and faith in God, not letting any worry or grief get to me. I had to allow God to be in complete control NO MATTER what the outcome would be. God has a PURPOSE for EVERYTHING that happens. To me it was as if God was telling me he knew all that I've grown to be where I am and I was truly thankful. More than words could explain and I think that's why tears ran down my face.


I will be posting some past blog postings of "how we found out" and "our first appointment" and will follow the pregnancy until I deliver. :)




3 comments:

  1. How exciting! I should start journaling too. My computer at home doesn't work real well so I have been lagging on blogging. Hopefully soon I will catch up on stuff. I can't wait to read all of your journal posts and see pics ;)Love ya <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great thing for baby 2 to see!! Can't wait for the posts to come!

    So true.... On we are always asking God for things and we don't even give him our all. I know this is true for me. I know I can give him so much more of me. Thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marissa: You definitely should! It's a nice way to keep track of your progress, the baby's progress and have something to share.

    Olga: I'm hoping to have it printed when she arrives :)

    I think there are many of us who struggle with this. It really touched my heart. <3

    ReplyDelete