Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pretty & Pregnant: January 18th


 
 January 18th, 2012

Today was another great day! I think these are becoming regular..... 


Appointment Status:

It was great today. We are making great progress as we are gearing up for the last couple of months. Overall, the doctor said everything looks great and perfect but he still would like to keep seeing us every 2 weeks to keep a close eye. If something were to happen he wants to make sure he is able to catch it in time, which is fine by me!

Joys of Pregnancy Status:
Still, I have scaring pains, pressure, ligament stretching, urine leakage, mucous leakage, and spams. None of this is a concern, which I knew it wouldn't be, most of them are normal signs of pregnancy and when it happens I just try to make myself more comfortable or use home remedies. Most of the time it works but I just have to let it ride out no matter how painful or uncomfortable it may get. I've gotten to where I know when certain things will be happening and how many days it will last like constipation and heartburn. It's amazing how much I have been able to learn about my body. 


Your movements & position:
You have been moving around like crazy. I expect you to until delivery or right before. That's how I was able to notice when I was going to deliver Bri'elle, it felt like mother instinct. The doctor was able to give me an outline of how you are positioned inside my tummy. I was mostly right from guessing. You are head down, Yay! I have been feeling you turn every once in awhile so its nice to know you sense where your suppose to be facing. Your feet are up by the middle and left side of the belly/ribs. The doctor was able to show me when my tummy gets tight and I feel a lot of pressure what you are doing. It feels like I'm having Braxton Hick contractions but for some reason I didn't think they were. There was something different and the doctor confirmed today that these ones aren't. You are literally trying to stretch not caring that you don't have enough room. You are pushing that it makes my stomach spasm and even sometimes causes the contractions. Closer to delivery if you keep this up you may be able to induce your own birth. When he tried to do a 3D it wasn't working because we couldn't even see your face. Mostly we were able to see your profile and at one point I was able to see your nostrils. He said you have your head down but you are positioned in a way where you are looking at the floor/down. So we weren't able to get a clear shot of your face. You better not be checking out that route for an escape anytime soon. 


Baby's size/measurements:
From all the measurements he took of you, he said you measure perfectly to where you are suppose to be. Your head is the right size and your growing beautifully. Today you measured to be 2lbs & 2oz.  No height since you are all curled up but I think average is 14 inches right now. Keep on growing little one. 

Mommy's weight gain:
only 1lb since the last appointment 2 weeks ago. It's normal at this stage since you will be the one growing and then I will gain little more the last month or so. Total gain: 25-28lbs

Mommy's thinking/Feeling:
Mommy wants to soak up the last little bit of time I have left to be pregnant with you. I want to fully enjoy what a gift I was given before my present is to be revealed. I'm having a great experience even with all the downfalls. Time is precious. I've had so much on my mind lately, TONS actually. Most of it is how thankful I am to be in the position. God has opened a new window of my life through this trial of despair I've been given life and twice of it literally. This pregnancy has taught me a lot. I'm glad I can share this experience with others to give hope through Christ our Lord. Thank you daughter for being the cause, the rhyme & reason, more life that mommy needed in so many ways. 



Photobucket 







 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. I'm so happy to hear that the appointment went so well and all of the great things your doctor said. Your girls are going to love looking back and reading these posts one day ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I'm glad I get a little bit of a break not having to worry about so much the last couple of months, God is good! I can't wait to look back at these either.

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful. I love all of the belly pcitures, you are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete