Friday, January 13, 2012

Big Sister in Training: New year and so many New things

Happy New Year 2012 Bri'elle!!!

Already the new year has offered so many new things to your life.

One for starters  which is obvious, you will become a BIG sister. Mommy and daddy are so excited to be adding to our family. We both think you are ready for the responsibilities a sister will have and you will do a great job. 

For Christmas you received a doll set that came with a stroller, bouncer, playpen, and even your own little diaper bag. You love that set. All your dolls have become "baby sister" to you. You will walk around the house saying "baby sister" or sometimes you will tell me "baby sister" is sleeping or even hungry. It's so darn cute. You are already displaying how big of a helper you will be. 

Your vocabulary and sentences are growing. It seems like it was overnight that this started happening. We can actually really understand what your saying and it really makes sense. 

Lately your new phrases have been, "Be back in a minute, ok?". You will disappear for literally a minute or less come back in and say, "I'm back!". You have grown out of your "baby", "love you baby", "too" all meaning I love you and now it is, "i love you too" regardless if your the first or last one saying it, it always has a too at the end. We started a discipline routine with you where if you do something wrong you go to the "naughty corner" (mom got this off of super nanny). In the naughty corner we explain to you what you did wrong, tell you how long you have to sit there, and then walk away. You are to sit there the whole time, no giving in. If you move then your minutes start over. We do a minute for the amount of years you are. So right now it is 2 minutes. Once your minutes are up we come to you, repeat the reason why you were there in the first place and then you have to say sorry and give us a hug and kiss. Lately you have been watching when others do something wrong and will tell them to go to the naughty corner. It is actually the cutest little thing ever. You will also proceed to say, "no, no, no, sit in naughty corner. Two minutes. Say sorry." You even led daddy there yourself and made him sit there. Oh how I love this, we know you understand that when someone does something wrong they need a timeout. You have so much more little sentences but they're hard to capture or even remember if its not caught in the moment. I will be sure to update more little sayings... I tried listening to you all day yesterday and now sitting here typing my mind is blank. 


You have such an imagination.

When you take a bath I can hear you in there talking to all your toys and almost acting out a scene. It's so cute! You mention different names from shows or your dolls. You love to play with your little kitchen and the food. When we play with you, you have such an expression when you "eat" the pretend icecream. Sometimes you will even nod your head, close your eyes, and rub your tummy as you say, "yummy in tummy". At your other playtimes you love to pretend your something else, like a cat or dog. You do some pretty good impressions too! I just can't get enough of your imagination. The sky is the limit.

Our little daredevil! 

You can and will attempt to do anything physical, such as jumping or climbing. It's so cute to watch you try, try, and try again until you finally reached the top or jumped really high. Last night you climbed the couch and sat up on the top. You were so happy you were able to do it and then told me you were going night night up there, reminded me of a little cat. Since mommy is on bedrest and can't lift you into various things like your highchair, into the tub, to get on the potty, you've had to pretty much learn how to do all of those yourself. Yes, you can climb in and out of your high chair. I stand right there as you do just in case and I always put my hand out for you to grab but almost every case you tell me, "no no mommy no help me". For Christmas we got you a stool to help you get in the tub and on the potty. 

The love of my life, you are. Displaying love is one of your greatest goods. The way you smile and look into someones eyes, the way you give a hug and a kiss just melts me from the inside out. I just love everything about you!
  
When you give a hug, you say MMM and you squeeze very tight as if not to let go. Your kisses are the cutest when you pout them together and give a good little smooch, and sometimes you even say MMMuuuAAAhhh! Love you mom, is one of my favorites. You will repeatedly say it over and over until you have confirmation that I heard you. Lately you have been doing this little kitty act as I like to call it. When we will be sitting here and you want love you will come up to whoever it is you want to give love to and rub your head on there arm or shoulder, like a little kitty. Last night you did this to me and when I looked into your eyes all I saw was this innocent love of purity and perfection. I think my heart skipped a beat or two and I literally wanted to cry, pick you up and hold you to never let go. 

Bri'elle sweetie, I think you will have a great year ahead of you. This will be the year you learn and grow in so many ways from becoming a big sister, starting preschool, getting a BIG girl bed, and picking up on new words and attitudes. I know God will be by your side guiding you and watching you throughout your little journey. Mommy and daddy will be here for you no matter what, to pick you up when you fall, brush you off, and kiss your owie away. I love you darling!
 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment