Happy New year 2012 to little baby Alfia (nickname for right now).
I'm counting this as your new year for your new beginning since there was a chance that mommy and daddy wouldn't have made it this far. BUT we have! And we are so thankful for it!!!!
I have some news for you I failed to mention in the Christmas posting, your Christmas gift this year was your NAME!!!!!! Yes, your name has been designed for YOU. We are not yet announcing the name, maybe by the time our celebration gets here in March and we still have to complete a middle name for you but I'm super excited.
January 4th,
For some reason I cannot sleep! It's almost two in the morning and I layed down about 10:50pm. Lately I've had a lot on my mind, thinking...thinking about you. A lot of my thoughts have been about you, the delivery, what you look like, your personality, when you will come, your nursery, what things we still need for you, pretty much everything. I know this is perfectly normal especially now that we are winding down to the last couple of months. I have a feeling that tonight's insomnia is the fact that I have an appointment to see you (today actually) and maybe I'm anxious to see you on that screen again. I get really excited before appointments but it hasn't really affected my sleep and certainly not like this. I know everything will be fine but its the joy of being able to see you that gets me. At this moment I'm getting a contraction...OUCH (as tummy tightens) good thing these aren't the real ones. You were actually doing some monkey business moving around all crazy about 20 minutes ago as if you were saying mommy I'm up too, let's play. I'm hoping now that I gave myself a little breather from forcing myself to go to sleep I will actually be able to sleep. And since I had a lot on my mind and started typing this maybe it will relieve some of those thoughts. On another note I have started to plan a party to celebrate your birth (aka babyshower). It's going to be a lot of fun. I really can't wait and I know it will be here before we know it.
Sleep tight little one - hopefully I can get some sleep now to be at least semi rested for the appointment tomorrow (actually later today). I love you!
Later that day/Appointment Status:
The appointment went great today! No reports of any bad news, all good news. Everything looks great including you. At the moment you are head down, which of course could change but I'm glad you are getting familiar with that position. The doctor tried to get a 3D of you but there was too much stuff in the way (cord and placenta). You also had a leg and an arm by your face. We were only getting little glimpses of your face. When he did the 3D your features look so petite. I adore them already. What also makes it a little more difficult to get the 3D is the fact that you haven't yet acquired the baby fat yet which is perfectly fine and expected. Usually around 28 weeks you will start getting more chubby and acquiring the fat needed for the 3D ultrasounds. For 3D's you have to be more plump otherwise the soundwaves don't bounce good off of your features to get a clear picture. He will try again in 2 weeks at your next appointment. All other reports have been good. Mommy can finally do a little more walking, no more than 5 minutes at a time and it has to be a walking mode; not speed walking, jogging, or running. Which is fine by me since without having been able to really walk the last 6 months I would probably run out of breath and be tired quicker. I also can do a little bit of exercise, upper body only and no heavy weights. I'm super excited! I'm limited to the weight of canned soup and I have to be in a sitting position but at least I can do it. I've missed working out and being active. I'm very happy to do this, mommy needs to work out these arms - the better to hold you with my dear.
Other than that, no new reports. I will go back in two weeks (I Love that I get to see you about twice a month). No new picture today but hopefully next time so I have something to put in your album for January. Today mommy had to do the glucose testing so let's keep our fingers crossed that all is clear. Usually they can tell by the size of the baby and the doctor has said your size is perfect. As soon as I drank the limeade substance you were moving all about. It was funny because right after I had finished drinking it the doctor came in to do the ultrasound and you were kicking the dopler. When he lifted it up you could see your form from the outside. You had us laughing away already humoring everyone. I think you will be the type of girl who walks in a room and you just have to smile at her, your sister is the same way and I'd like to think you get it from mom ;)
I'm so super excited and thankful we had all good news today. God has definitely been watching over us through this journey. We need to rejoice in his name always!
Mommy weight gain: 8lbs since the last appointment
Total weight gain so far: 24-27lbs and I'm loving every piece of it!

No comments:
Post a Comment