Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Parenting!!!

our beautiful little journey
God has been speaking to me again!
I feel this yearning for Him everyday!
I just can't get enough!
Teach me more I say to you Oh Lord!
So I may be that example of your parenting!

Parenting is unexplainable but when you are asked and start to answer mine would be something like this....
Irreplaceable.Magical.Joyful.

It was funny when this discussion was brought up I started to think what is the best part of being a parent? I have no answer for you because I love every part of it. The part where you fear for your child's life as she is climbing on top of everything or when they start to crawl and you are worried they are going to pick something up and choke. I love the parts where they get hurt and your job as a parent is to tell them they're okay and all it take is a kiss to make it better. The sleepless nights from newborn, to the flu, and transitioning to a new house and bed.

Every little part is the BEST...it's the BEST part of MY life

I have learned that no matter any given situation you need to rise up above the cause or the transgression you might have. The pain, the circumstance, and be thankful and blessed for it. God says he will always reward us for the pain and trials we go through. So why do we complain when we know there will always be light at the end of the tunnel, human nature I guess and mostly because a lot of us have forgotten about God or limited his powers.

Being pregnant this second time and being very close to losing this child - God has given me a lot of time to talk to him and discover that we need to put all fears, worries, and hope in him. He will reward us!

 The best part of parenting is the reward we have... our child(ren).

The day after I read the cafe discussion, Jay came home from work and was telling me about the conversation one of the younger (age about 22) girls had with him. She asked him if life wasn't the way it is meaning if he wasn't married and didn't have kids what would he want to do. Jay looked at her and said that his life is nothing without us and could never imagine a life without us. He is grateful for how his life has turned out. She wanted to know how having kids was and how much it changed your life. His response was that having kids is the best thing in the world. It changes your life completely but you will never want your old life back. Jay and I continued to talk about it and I told him about the cafe discussion. We both felt is was God reminding us of our reward and how we are so lucky.

One of the best experiences I was able to have last week was when I woke up while Bri'elle was still asleep. I went in the kitchen my decaf coffee was already made. I sat at my computer in the living room until I heard my little girl calling for me. The bedroom door began to open and I hear even clearer, "Mommy, momma, I wake". As I started for the door I see this cute, hair all in a mess, eyes barely open, little girl holding her blankie. She puts her arms out so I lean down on my knees pray to God that nothing will happen as I open my arms and let her embrace me. Bri'elle then said "Good morning mom, love you too". This morning was the first morning I have been able to hug Bri'elle and really soak it up since being pregnant. I loved every minute, I allowed myself to cry as I thanked God for that split little moment.





Photobucket

1 comment: