This past weekend it was pretty much laid back/extra needed family time.
On Saturday, Jay and I woke up and made breakfast. I made the oatmeal and he made an egg scramble with mozzarella cheese and spinach. It was the perfect pair for breakfast. Yum! After breakfast Jay headed to the gym while the girls (Bri'elle and I) got ready. When daddy returned home we left so he could take the Water Treatment Operator assessment test. Originally we planned that I would drop him off and then go and run some errands with Bri'elle but after reading the information for the test he didn't think he would be in there for more then an hour. So I decided to stay in the car with Bri'elle, which worked out because she fell asleep a few minutes after Jay left the car. I forgot to bring a book but then remembered I downloaded the Kindle to my phone. I picked a book and began reading. Fifteen minutes into reading I started to doze off. I usually don't do that but it was raining pretty hard and the rain ALWAYS puts me to sleep. Next thing I know I was seeing the back of my eyelids. Jay was in his test for about an hour. Bri'elle slept the whole time and then some. Mommy took advantage of the time and took about a 40 min nap.
The three of us were so hungry since it was later in the afternoon. We had some coupons for Sweet Tomato, that's were we were headed. It was a great lunch. We all finished all of our plates including two full salad plates, three soup bowl, a half bowl of rice pilaf, a half bowl of mac n cheese, three pizza sticks, two strawberry buttermilk muffins, some bread, and lastly our dessert consisted of three ice cream cones. I made myself a little quarter of a cup of tapioca pudding and caramel sauce. Jay and I were amazed that we finished all the food. Yes, I guess someone was hungry.
After eating comes shopping! We went to Nordstroms to exchange Bri'elles flower girl shoes for a bigger size. To our surprise she needed two sizes bigger than what she wore for the wedding. Our little girl wears a size 7 (well in the brand shoe that they were). We figured we might as well get the size bigger and they will last her through winter. Yay! When we walked out of Nordstroms it started pouring down rain. It was so crazy. And to top it off we left the umbrella in the car. Ahhh! From Nordstroms we went to Old Navy. We bought a $20 gift card for $10 from a Groupon. It was fun, the hubby made me try and a few different outfits. It felt so good to be in shopping mode even though I wasn't going to everything. I love going shopping with him and trying things on then walking out of the dressing room to show him how the outfit looks on me. Bri'elle was walking around pointing and saying pretty pretty. A wonderful shopping day.
Home we went and ended our night with some In N Out and the tv show Trauma until 1:30 in the morning.
On Sunday, we woke up to head to church. The series for the next couple of weeks is, "I Quit". It's such a touching series talking about your temptations and the things you need to do to start having a good relationship with God.
James 4:7
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
After the amazing service my in laws invited us over for lunch. It was awesome. My brother and mom came too along with DeAnna's sister Debbie and their two great nieces. We had the most tastiest tuna fish sandwiches with watermelon & blueberry fruit salad and baked sour cream n onion/cheetos chips. We always have a good time over there. I'm so happy we can have these family gatherings. Bri'elle loves going over there and seeing her Grandma D and Pop-pa.
Bri'elle fell asleep on the way home. Daddy played some video games and mommy watched some tutorials for editing and then took a very much needed nap. When me and Bri'elle woke up we made an early dinner because Jay has his Sunday Men's Basketball group through the church. An hour before Jay needed to leave we went to one of our favorite places, Marissa & Justin's house. hehe. We visited for quite awhile. Jay left for basketball but Bri'elle and I stayed to visit for a little longer. Marissa and I made a carrot cake that turned out pretty darn good. It even had cream cheese frosting, Yum! After we all ate dessert it was time for clean up, bedtime reading, and our goodbyes until next time.
When we got home Jay already had our room cleaned, Bri'elles pjs out on the bed with her books waiting for her, and tea for me. He's so awesome. : )
Such a lovely weekend. Despite rain or shine we have fun!
((napping while daddy is taking his test - she fell asleep w/ a snack in her mouth))
((walking to the car garage from Nordstroms))
((It was pouring))
((Playing hide n seek))
((I found Jordan))
((The girls watching Beauty and the Beast))
((In heaven with their milk))
((Me and Jordan frosting the cake))
((Bri'elle waiting for cake))
((Kai loves his frisbee))
<3

I love the pictures. That sounds like a great weekend and I'm glad you got to end it with us :) It was so much fun hanging out and baking the cake! Love ya <3
ReplyDelete