*****Here's a quick little update on Jay's employment status*****
The previous job that he was hired for fell through. The company took adverse actions on offering employment due to Jay's background check. Unfortunately, the things from the past come back to haunt you over 7 years later, YIKES! A big slap in the face. This crushed Jay so badly. He felt like he let us down even though he has grown from his past and turned around, found God, and started on the right path. I felt so badly because I wasn't sure how to comfort him. I could only imagine how I would feel in that situation. I would be completely devastated. I did my best, offered him full support. Poor Jay went slightly in depression mode. It was so scary. But luckily with some good preaching at church and some support from family and friends he was able to get out before he fell to far in.
Once we were able to collect our thinking process on how to start over and what our game plan is, Jay was back to applying for more jobs within a couple days. He even applied for five other jobs at that same company. In the meantime of waiting for the word from the original job we had his record expunged (it didn't clear until after the company ran his background). He was able to apply for jobs with that relief off of his chest that it won't happen again. Whew!
We have some good news!!!!! Jay had an interview with a staffing company in San Francisco a couple weeks back. They have three very good jobs lined up for him. Last week Jay received a call from the woman and he has a phone interview on Monday (this Monday) with one of the companies. She said they are really interested and it would be a quick process because they would like to hire soon. She emailed him some documents to help him prepare for the interview. He already answered a preliminary question in which the company was very impressed. I know he will do great.
Today, he went and tested for the water district treatment operator. He should have the results back in two weeks letting him know if he is accepted in the program. Once he is accepted they put you through the schooling for job placement within the company. It's a paid for program which is so awesome. Jay said he felt like he did pretty well.
Please pray for him...He can use all the blessings he can get of love, support, and courage.
I have complete faith in him and know that God has a plan mastered for him. I give Jay a lot of credit for what he has been through. He's tries to support us the best he can with what he is dealt. A true man standing by his family. I thank God for that!
Psalm 30:11-12
You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever!
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
Romans 8:28
And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
<3
I'm praying for him. I truly hope one of these works out. He deserves it so bad and I know he will do great. Stay strong and I know it will work out soon! <3
ReplyDeleteI will be praying for you hubs. We should also do prayer at bible study for any other needs ;).
ReplyDeleteGod sure does make everything work for our good. He will have something better for your hubs that benefits the whole fam. =)