Monday, March 21, 2011

Testament

     I had a vision from God. I know it sounds funny but it's not. It was more of a relief for me. Okay, maybe it wasn't a vision but it was like a ray of sunshine lit my eyes as I prayed on Sunday morning. I felt God's presence so much that during prayer I began to cry. Not a sobbing cry such a light cry of happiness and joy. It was so overwhelming I had no control over my tears either.
     With our predicament right now it has been extremely hard not letting things get to me and US for that matter. But lately it I have been letting everything go and casting away my problems not paying them any attention and you want to know something....a MIRACLE happened. I wasn't going to share it because it is a little personal on the financial side and I really hate putting things out there like this but I think I just have to share. So Friday was payday and Jay and I went to the bank together because we were out and about. I was telling Jay I was worried about our bills since for some reason my check was a little less and a significant amount that we had counted on. Jay kind of blew it off because he always seems to think things will be okay and if not they will work out. Ugh, sometimes I wish I could embrace the way he thinks! So I then shrugged it off thinking if he's not going to care then I won't either. Well later that night we were talking and Jay said, "you won't believe this." I then asked, "what?" his reply was, "all of our bills are caught up" I then about had a heart attack! We still can't figure it out how on Earth were we able to almost catch up on the bills we have been struggling (ever since Jay was laid off) to keep up with, especially since this pay period my check was less. I was the most happiest person in the world. I know I was glowing for then on out. One of the things that just puts me in a crazy eight mood is not being a to live financially like we were with security. It is one of the most worst feelings and we have no control over it. So I was a happy camper for that moment or at least the weekend.
     On Sunday, we went to church and the morning had started a little rough. Jay hasn't been feeling well and we were running a little late. When we arrived and church I really was hoping for some way to start the day off right and that's when it hit me. As we were praying my future was before, I couldn't see what my future hold besides a weight being lifted off my shoulders. It was so powerful that I literally felt God's hand assuring me things will be okay and work out AND THEN that's when my passed flashed before me. I was reminded that through ALL of the downs I was lifted up again. That I'm here for a reason and that God has a plan for me. I'm a testimony that God is living and the witness I need to be. I need to let my light shine. All this happened within just a few minutes but I had forgot my surroundings and it was as if I was in my own place. I love the way God can take control of your life to grab your attention. It was like God giving my a hug. I needed that....... Thank you!
     The rest of the day went quite well.

     Through my testament God guided me to Jay. I'm proud to say that God is working through Jay and he has come a long way. I'm very thankful for that and proud that he doing his best to please God and seek him. Recently our church started a basketball group for the men in the church to get together once a week (6:00pm-8:00pm on Sundays) and Jay has been going. I'm so glad because he needs that good influence which is hard to find. And in Jay's case he lost his two best friends at an early age and it has taken a toll on him. Jay has been going to the basketball group with my brother and this past Sunday he invited one of his brothers to join.

      Okay, that felt good to share. I needed to do some positive venting and express my gratitude towards God in all the things in my life. :) Also please continue to pray for Jay and the two jobs he applied to last week. We are still waiting to here back from them which could be til the end of the week. Jay has been getting other referrals so also pray for that as he continues to apply. Let's hear some good news!!!!!

<3

P.S. For those interested -Check out the Kitchen Island page/tab - A recipe has been posted!

1 comment: