I just can't wait any longer to post this. Immediately after it happened I wanted to jump on here and blog about it. So last night Bri'elle went to bed a little later than usual. With the time change we all slept in and I knew Bri'elle would have a lil bit trouble adjusting to the new times. She took a long nap also so I knew we would be in for it at bedtime. Well, bedtime rolled around and tonight mommy was putting the lil one to sleep. Jay started a new routine at the gym and wakes up at 5:00 am. Today he had an interview (a separate posting will be coming) this morning so he headed to bed early to start getting some rest. For a few hours I tried to put Bri'elle to sleep. It seemed like the more I tried the more she began to be awake. She would do things that I never seen her do/act like. Everything started to become funny to her. At one point I decided to ignore but she knows exactly what to do to get me to pay attention. I even turned off the lights (the night light included) hoping that she would almost become scared and lay down where she wouldn't want to move. Nope, this had the opposite affect she started cracking up and rolling around in her bed. Finally, I took her out of her crib. We usually read to her at bedtime but since she was playing with her miniature "play" books I didn't read to her tonight so I decided I would try to read hoping that she would get the hint. Mommy reads and baby goes to bed. I took her to her bookshelf and let her pick out a book. Of course she picks her favorite book at the moment. I forget the name of it but its something "Opal". I'll have to look at the name tomorrow. I get her all nice and comfy in bed and lay down next to her. Bri'elle decides that she is going to read the book. She opens it up and just starts babbling away flipping through the pages. At one point, this is where it gets really CUTE, she looks at me smiles and then while holding one side of the book up with her arm farthest from me (her left arm - I was laying at her right side) with her right arm she begins to try to put it behind me. I get the clue of what she is trying to do and I go along with it. I scoot down to where my head is level with hers letting her wrap her arm around me. She puts her arm all the way around my head/shoulders and starts to pat my shoulder at the same time she starts reading the book. I couldn't believe it! She was really trying to put me to sleep. She even gave me a kiss. The cutest little thing to experience. I love this. She is really starting to get a personality and I'm so thankful she knows how to display affection towards someone of caring and love.
Kids do the absolute astonishing things. This made my night. And by the way Bri'elle went to sleep about 30 minute later after she had a bottle and got settled in her bed.
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment