Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Such a Great Feeling

Its such a great feeling when...
You Love yourself
When it pleases you to make someone else happy
Can embrace the little things in life


Have so much love for someone you have never met

Can teach love (Bri'elle giving little sister kisses)


Share love, joy, moments, laughter, tears, with other great women -picture by Olga

This post was inspired after church three weeks ago. We have been in the book of Revelations. At first, I was a little scared to tackle this book that is said to be mysterious and can lead to fear by what it says, but I never really dived into it so I was excited at the same time. Now, I'm loving it and it may just be one of my favorite books. On this Sunday we learned about suffering {{God is speaking to me}}. I knew I had to pay great attention that this message is tugging at my heart. 

Not that I feel like I'm suffering but it has been a challenge these last 6 1/2 months and for majority of my life even at a very young age. I struggled for the longest time accepting what happened to me and most of it I kept inside. From what everyone else saw I was probably one of the strongest people they knew. As the sermon went on there were some things that struck me with the most pleasant delight of satisfaction. God will never allow us to suffer for nothing. God promises a reward for our suffering. Of course, a believer and follower of Christ knows that their eternal reward is the day we get to see His face and live for eternity in the streets of gold. But, I see that on this earth there is more rewards God gives us and its such a great feeling to know you have these rewards. Right now, I know that all the pain, loneliness, and worry is all a now factor meaning it has an end, and end that will bring great reward to not just my life but my husband's life, Bri'elles life, and anyone who is part of our lives will experience the reward that I (and Jay) have been given through the birth of our daughter. God has already blessed us and rewarded us with Bri'elle now we are being rewarded with another sweet great daughter. 

He is no fool that loses what he cannot keep here in this life to gain what he cannot lose, rewards in heaven - Jim Elliott

Lean on Christ - Focus on Spiritual Wealth - Expect Persecution - Stand Firm

To hear the audio podcast go here: How to Deal with Suffering


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Brandi! I was also a little nervous about diving into Revelations with the recent sermons but it truly is good to learn about it. This is the first time I've actually dived into it and right now I'm sure we are only touching the surface. I love your outlook on life and you are an inspiration to me. I love you so much <3 And I'm truly thankful that we are such a great friends :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I totally fell in love with the series. I have been going back through the notes and really want to know more. It was very interesting. This pregnancy brought a lot back to perspective for me and combining it with worship it just touches my heart. I'm glad I can be a witness to others through similar issues. It really makes me happy to be able to be here through this as a testimonial. And it makes me feel good to know I have great friends and I love you too! :)

      Delete