Friday, February 17, 2012

My First Outting


 January 15th, 2012


Since I've been cooped up in the house majority of the time this pregnancy with the doctors approval I have been able to get out a little more. I'm still limited to the things I can do and the length of time I'm on my feet but at least I can get some fresh air. I have to say I have been able to do more the last few months than when I was first put on bedrest especially now that I know she is a healthy little baby and there aren't any worries about if she would need to be delivered she would be fine. Granted I've been extremely blessed! 


So Jay decided/surprised me with a date after church on this Sunday. On Sundays we have family dinner with my parents as something we started for the new year and since we've moved out. It was a tradition on my dad's side of the family when he was little so he wanted to start the same thing with us. Jay checked with my parents to watch Bri'elle in the afternoon then we would join them for dinner when we got back. Of course, my parent's said yes...so our date began. 


Jay took me to Bay Street in Emeryville. It is filled with tons of shops, restaurants, and a movie theater. Our first stop was Elephant Bar for lunch. I was craving a cheeseburger with all the fixings. Jay craved the same thing since I talked it up so we had the same lunch. I love when we happen to want the same thing. :) The burger was so yummy but I didn't finish it all since Jay ordered me coconut shrimp for an appetizer, another craving. 


After lunch we went to the movies to see Contraband. It was a pretty good movie! I love action movies and especially ones that have some pretty good actors, I won't mind watching a guy film if it makes him happy. 

Once the movie ended, Jay said he wanted to take me shopping. I was a little confused because I can't just GO shopping. For one, I'm not really suppose to be walking around. Two, I'm pregnant and didn't want to load up on maternity clothes. Three, well there is no three... How can I turn down shopping when the hubby wants to do something nice for me. Well, he leads me to Victoria Secret! Ha! he must have something up his sleeve. Which he did... I had a gift card that has been sitting in my drawer forever. I have no idea when I got it, maybe my birthday. Jay said he knew that I would probably let it sit there at least until I had the baby and knows how much I enjoy shopping...free shopping at that. I blushed because it made me feel really good he thought about me and how I've been feeling with being on bedrest. So... I let him go to town.... Nothing better than the hubby picking out your lingerie. 


After we went to one of our fave places for dessert, The Tea Cake Bake Shop at Bay Street. They have the best pink velvet cupcakes. We bought a box of assorted flavors for my family since they watched Bri'elle. We also saved ours to enjoy with them. 


It was a GREAT first outting out and about!!!! I'm so thankful the hubby did this for me.









Photobucket 

2 comments:

  1. How sweet!!! What a great date....I'm so happy to hear that you two had a nice afternoon out;) You deserve it!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was soooo nice to be out. It felt a little funny too since I wasn't used to it. lol.

      Delete