Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Always my Valentine

February 14th marks a very special day for Jason and I. Not only is it thee LOVE day but it is our love day. We celebrated our 3rd Wedding Anniversary this year. 

I'm a really big planner and love to extend celebrations for longer than their usual DAY. I tend to celebrate for weeks, probably even months if time allowed, haha. So this year I did a week countdown until valentine's day. I turned it into something Bri'elle and I could do through the day and surprise daddy when he got home. Things like making him cards, to little Valentine's crafts, jello hearts, conversation cut outs, dinners, making him lunch, cleaning the house, etc..etc.. I think you get the picture. It was nice to do these things for him. He was surprised to or would say, "Whats this for?" and it was a great time with Bri'elle. Everyday, I would tell her about Valentines day. More about the meaning of love. I would show her a heart and tell her it means love. She knows where your heart it and the sound it makes, thmp, thmp, thmp. I would then ask her to tell me the things she loves. One day she started by saying mommy, daddy, and continued as she went through all her grandparents, all her aunts and uncles, her friends, and then mentioned different pets she loved. It was so cute. Another day (this was my favorite) she started by saying she loved herself. I was pleased to know she included herself. So I told her yes, it's important to love yourself because Jesus loves you and everyone loves you. Then she continued and said Jesus along with the remaining people and pets from the day before. She also added different items like her blankie, some of her favorite movies, etc. 



On Valentine's day these are the things we did:

Gave Bri'elle her Valentines - A card from mom/dad, the movie Lady and the Tramp, and heart shaped peeps

Bacon for Breakfast
Mommy got ready and Jalilah wanted to say hi to daddy, so I took a pic and sent it to him at work :)
Yum! Jay bought this for me a day before so I decided to get it out and make him a snack for when he got home
The chocolate cheddar cheese is in the middle!!!
Yes, that is In N Out






Grubbin'
This is exactly what I wanted, double cheddar cheese burger extra well done with fries a rootbeer and a choc shake
After eating in the car before heading into the movies
All these were taken on our phones, haha. I had my camera with me but it was so much easier at the time to snap a quick shot with my phone or Jay's phone. I need to get out of this habit. 

Jay worked and Bri'elle went to preschool so I got some good quality ME time until about 4:00 when Jay got home. We spent about a half hour talking and cleaning the house before we left to pick Bri'elle up from his parents. Once we picked Bri'elle up we brought her to my parents to spend the evening while Jay and I went on a date. We couldn't make up our minds where we wanted to eat so both of us said heck with it and decided on In N Out. I'm so happy we did. the food was extra good. After ordering it from the drive-thru we drove to the nearest movie theater which was only two minutes from In N Out and sat in the parking lot eating our dinner. We played R&B love songs while we ate and talked about our timeline of friendship to marriage (from highschool to now). It was so romantic!!! I loved every minute of it. I felt like just sitting in the car and making out for old time sake, haha but realized my belly would be really uncomfortable in Jay's stick shift Mustang coupe. Not fit for someone preggo for sure. Once we finished with dinner we went into the movie and watch Man on a Ledge. I highly recommend this movie! It was so good!!!! we were going to see a chick flick/romantic movie but I was in need of some action and have been watching to see the movie plus it was something we both wanted to watch. Better to please both of us :) After the movie we stopped at Mel's diner before picking up our little valentine. I ordered a hot chocolate and Jay got coffee. We sat there for a long time just gazing at each other, gushy I know! Right before we left a song came on from the jukebox and it was MY song literally. Not sure if any of you will know it, it's called Brandy by Looking Glass. It was perfect timing and couldn't have been picked on a better night. When we were leaving a group of girls between the age of 30's-40's about 3 of them. I noticed them looking at my belly then I heard one girl say awhh and when I looked at them they smiled with sincere admiration. I was completely glowing by this point. My night was definitely getting better and better. Next we headed home and picked up our little girl. 

And that was pretty much our Valentine's/Anniversary <3



Photobucket 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary again! It sounds like a perfect night. I'm now craving in-n-out at 9am hahaha. That sounds delicious right now! ;) I'm so happy you two had a special week celebrating!!

    ReplyDelete