Friday, February 17, 2012

Pretty & Pregnant: Your Name

We decided on your name
I have to admit we've had it since Christmas but kept it a secret so we can test it out and see if it really fits you
It fits you!

You don't have a middle name yet - but it will be Hawaiian just like your sister's. We plan to give all our kids Hawaiian middle names. 
There is one middle name we have talked about but there hasn't been any decision. We want to see what else is out there and it has to fit.

Are you Ready?!?!......

Jalilah Alfonso

Meaning: great, revered: interpretation is one with flawless beauty.
Hasn't been ranked in the last 100 years within the US

As we did more research for the name we came across one that said to be prized or is a prize, a gift, to be respected and honored. When we read this our mouths just dropped. This is it, as we both looked at each other. You are OUR PRIZE. A gift that has been given to us by no else but God. In the circumstances we wanted your name to fit your birth and pregnancy story. When I read that people expect the person to have a radiant flawless beauty, I immediately thought of you. Not because, I know you will be beautiful on the outside but for the beauty on the inside and what you have taught me. Through this trial you taught me that things are still beautiful with many flaws. We had many flaws throughout this pregnancy, some I had to experience on my own but for the most part as a family. It has been tough and definitely something that isn't easy to adjust to. BUT it has been a journey that has been worth it and describes the beauty of pregnancy, birth, family - all God's plan for us. You are God's plan for us. 

So with this.... We, your parent's, name you: Jalilah

Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him.
 Psalms 127:3

I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD.
1 Samuel 1:27-28

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
James 1:17

Here's a glimpse of our invitation:

 


Photobucket 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful meaning! I love hearing about name meanings. It always makes it that much more special! I can't wait to meet you Jalilah!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun and interesting to find out what her name was going to be. Now she just needs a middle name :)

      Delete