Big Sister in Training: Back on Schedule
We finally have a routine!!!! Since moving in and being so caught up in everything we were able to get back on track. It was important to us that we get Bri'elle on a routine quickly since she was also starting preschool. It is also nice because now the hubby and I have some time at night to spend with each other rather than all three of us going to bed at the same time.
Ms. Bri'elle - you are so stubborn when it comes to sleep and getting back on track. You LOVE your sleep!!! You are not a morning person unless it is on your time. You are definitely a night person like your mamma. You can stay up for hours even if it is waaayyyy past your bedtime. It's like it doesn't phase you. And you get more energy the longer you stay up. When you do go to sleep you can sleep for hours and I mean hours. You can sleep about 10 hours if we let you, probably even more then that.
Right now you are still sleeping in mommy and daddy's room since we had to return the bedding we got you (it didn't fit your bed). We're hoping to get the new one in the next week or two. You will even climb in bed with us and you are so sly that we don't even know you're there until we wake up the next morning. I remember doing that when I was a little girl. I loved sleeping with my parents so I understand. It's the comfort we give you to know that we are right there by you. It's also nice when I do know your there and you snuggle up closer to me. I love smelling your sweet little "baby" scent as I sleep and giving you tons of kisses as if for you to have better dreams. So at the moment I don't mind :) It's only when you start to move around in your sleep that you get put back into your little bed on the floor. You have a tendency to move around ALOT when you are sleeping and talking. Sometimes I think that you and daddy are having conversations back and forth because when I get up to use the bathroom at night you both will be mumbling things in your sleep. I would hate to see all three of us sleeping because I have the same "talking in my sleep" habit. We probably continue our conversations from the day in our sleep. Now wouldn't that be funny to watch!?
You were sick this past week so the schedule kind of caught kicked to the curb but we are reinforcing it this week. Today you tried to sleep in a little past your wake up time for school but as soon as I started to talk to you and show you your clothes for school you began to wake up. You even held on to me for a good few minutes as I stood you up to put your pants on. It was a nice feeling. Will you always stay my little girl? I surely do hope so. I'm loving the love bug stage your at. You are such a sweetie pie.
I got an update from Auntie earlier saying you have more energy today. Most likely since your cold is pretty much gone. You only have a little bit of phlem in your chest. I tried to teach you how to cough it up but you looked at me like "really, mom". So I guess it will have to pass over time. I'm really glad you are doing better and feeling better today, even if it means you missing your nap. You will just go to bed extra early tonight.
Now we need to get back on track with POTTY TRAINING - you recently started asking again so let's hope that means more progress. Oh and you are in LOVE with your new stool for the potty and counter so let's hope that gives some persuasion..
I love you my sweet little girl!!!! You sure are growing up quick! - Love, Mommy

aww Bri'elle...you are such a big girl. I can't believe have fast time flies. She is such a sweetie <3 We love you Bri'elle!!!
ReplyDelete