Monday, May 16, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

This weekend was a busy one. To top it off it was mother's day!!!!

On Friday we hung out, Jay made some amazing homemade (even the chips were homemade) nachos. Ever since Vegas I have been craving them. I had some yummy one's at a place called PBR. They were nachos made with BBQ chips. YUMMY! Anyways, the nachos we made was from the leftovers we had from Cinco de Mayo.


On Saturday, I got up early and headed out to Golden Gate Park with the girls for the Brain Tumor Walk. It was important that I go to support Laura even though we didn't participate, we at least wanted to check it out for next year. The weather was pretty nice too with a little bit of a chill. The walk wasn't very long and we headed back a little in mid-afternoon.

Next, after the walk, I went home and picked up Bri'elle then headed off to Benicia for Anthony's birthday party. He turned 4 on the 4th! I can't believe it! I remember getting a picture text of Jan in the hospital. I was at a concert in San Jose, I left the concert at that moment and drove all the way to vallejo and made it through the doors to hear his first cry as he was just being born. :) Bri'elle had a good time at his party. There was a jumpy which she has never actually been in. We let her and my cousins girlfriend's daughter Haley (she is 2) in there together without any of the older kids. They had a blast. At first they really weren't sure what to do but the longer they were in there the more fun they started to have.





After the party, I picked up Jay at home and headed to my sister Haley's last swim meet. I have never been to one of her swim meet's so I definitely wanted to go and check her out. I always hear how good she is but never actually seen her swim (besides at practice). She did great. I think her team came in 4th place (which is good considering the other teams had at least 10 more students to there swim team). I never knew how long those could go for. We were down there for 4 hours and it started 2 hours before we got there. WOWSER!





Mother's Day:

What made this year super special was that Bri'elle was dedicated at church. Jay and I were super excited to have committed to something like this and involve our daughter. It is our commitment we made to God in front of witnesses that we will raise Bri'elle in the name of the Lord. Even though Bri'elle didn't quite know what was going on she had an amazing glow and awe to her. It was as if God was shining out from her. Her dedication was very special and a blessing that some of our family members and friends got to witness it. We are so thankful for those who we love dearly share the moment with us.




Our church held a brunch for the occasion and had rooms set up in a beach, rock band, and traditional themes for family portraits. Of course we took advantage of this moment. We were in one with Jay's family including some of my family in the rock band theme and then one of us three in the traditional theme.


When we got home Jay went to the grocery store while Bri'elle and I relaxed and watch Toy Story 2. About an hour later we went to lunch with Jay's parents at Sala Thai.



Once we got home Jay started cooking away. He made my mom and I delicious filet Mignon, King crab legs, broccoli and cheese, salad, and rice pilaf. Then for dessert we had tiramisu.





It was such a special day. I love feeling pampered even though I feel like that pretty much everyday. I'm so thankful for a wonderful husband and daughter that care so much for me. God sure has blessed me with great people in my life and two are my very favorite : D.

2 comments:

  1. what a great mothers day and dedication!! Way to go Jay! That food looks SO good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely Mother's Day. I'm so happy we got to share some of it with you for Bri'elle's Dedication. It was so amazing to witness her moment. We love her so much <3

    ReplyDelete