Friday, May 13, 2011

Hubby Thursday - Where it all Began

Hubby Thursdays link up with Olga Marquez
The prompt this week: Where/how you met and the very first picture and a recent picture

When we first met:

Our Recent Photo:



 Jay and I met in the 9th grade in high school. We had seen each other in middle school but was never formally introduced or hung out until high school. In 9th grade I had a crush on Jay and then I found out who his older brother was and had a crush on his brother throughout high school (isn't that funny). In high school we were really good friends. We always hung out, talked, and pretty much was each others best friend. We actually made a promise to each other back then that if by the time we were 25 and not married (or in a relationship) we would marry each other. And look where we are today. After high school we became even closer. Nothing was ever looked at as I like him or I like her it was a mutual best friend relationship. The more we hung out the less I thought I could ever imagine myself with him. I realized one day that I like him, no I take that back, I loved him. Everytime I talked about him I always had a smile on my face and couldn't wait until he would call me or we would hang out. Apparently Jay started to realize the same thing so we kind of told each other but didn't really have to say anything. Our first date (I don't count the numerous dates Jay says he took me on but we were going as "just friends") was to our friends house party on New Years Eve. That night when the clock struck midnight Jay confessed his love for me under the moonlight. It was pretty romantic considering there was a bunch of drunks and foolish people around. From then on I knew I would marry him. :) And that's our story.

Our little one was sick this week so we weren't sure if we would have any time for the two of us. We haven't had me and him time since before I left for Vegas. It's hard to leave Bri'elle even for a little bit when she's sick. When I was little all I wanted were my parents to cuddle with (I still go crying to them when I get sick). This morning (on Thursday) I was little for work Bri'elle was in so much pain she whined and cried. Nothing that Jay or I did was enough to help her. I felt so bad and wanted to stay home to be with her. Jay insisted for me to go to work (we need the money) and that he would take extra good care of her for me. It made me feel a little better but I missed her ALL day (as usual but worse when she's sick) and kept thinking about if she was going to get better. I prayed last night for awhile to God to relief her of her pain and help her get through this. We are pretty sure it's from her teething. It's never gotten this bad before but I think she has way too many trying to cut through. Ugh! I wish I could teeth for her...haha..

So Bri'elle is doing a lot better. Her two teeth are almost all the way through and to top it off we think she has allergies from the weather changing so much. We are outside a lot so it doesn't surprise me.

Last night (Thursday night) on our way home we got time to ourselves. We were driving home a little late (around Bri'elles bedtime) and decided since Bri'elle was falling asleep in the car that we would continue our car ride until she is completely sound asleep. We drove through our "back roads" were we live. Its a long piece of road with no houses, no lights, and just the sound of your car. It was really peaceful and relaxing. Jay and I held hands as we drove and sat in silence. It was as if we were talking to each other without even saying anything. I loved every moment. Our radio played a song that is one of Jays favorite songs. I'm not sure who the artist is or what the name is called but it is about a man who is praying to God, he is praying for each person around him that needs prayer for there certain situation. At the end the guy tells God the man he's praying for is him. It's such a touches song. A part that seemed like it played louder than anything else and it made me feel electricity between Jay and I was a part he says "I'm praying for you". It was so perfect. We should always pray for our spouse and thank God for them. Even though we didn't get our usual date together or "alone" time, it still made me feel like we were able to connect with each other. The above pictures are from our little drive. We pulled over real quick and snapped a couple.

1 comment: