There is so much to be thankful for this year. I'm personally thankful that God has presented me with so much this year. He has blessed my family with more than I could ask for. Although Jay is out of work and we have pretty much ran out of any extra money and then some I just thank God that we are where we are at because things could be worse. I have so much faith in God that soon things will turn around. He has always been there for me and I know he will be there for my family. Thanksgiving is a really emotional holiday for me. With all the medical issues I have been through it is a reminder that I'm soooooo lucky to be pretty much living and I have so much to be thankful for. I honor that there is a day for everyone and everything I'm thankful for. As for my family, we are thankful to have each other this year. Jay and I are extremely thankful (more than words could express) for our daughter that we have been blessed with. She is our miracle girl and our angel. 0:)
This year to celebrate our first Thanksgiving as a family. My parents had Thanksgiving at their house. My dad comes from a large family of 10 so I guess what I'm trying to say is we had a full house. And I absolutely loved it! It was nice having everyone over. Some family members came that don't usually come to the Thanksgiving dinner so it was nice to spend it with them. We had good food and good family time.
After Thanksgiving dinner and all the guests left I prepared for my night time "early bird" shopping extravaganza for Black Friday. I began at around 8:30pm and arrived at my friends house 10 minutes later to head off to ToysRus with 5 other girls (including my friends sister). We all carpooled. It was soooo much fun. All of us planning out our shopping trip and giving each other lookout items. I wasn't really shopping for anything in particular. With Jay not on any other income and mine is decreased since I've been on PFL we are very limited in our spending. Another reason I didn't want to splurge is because Bri'elles bday is in 2 weeks (from Thanksgiving) and I want to wait to see what she gets. We stood in line for about 45 minutes and then the fiasco would be begin. I saw so many things that I would love to get for Bri'elle but I had to hold back the calling. I did buy her a babydoll. I just couldn't help it. What kind of mom would I be? lol. I did buy a couple of things I thought were a great deal. I'm sure they would make perfect gifts for a niece or nephew and if not it will be a return or a resale. All of us girls were crazy in there. We had 3 cart fulls. Who does that? If I was planning on shopping (usually I use Black Friday as my Christmas shopping and finish everyone up) I would have added to that. After shopping with the girls, I headed home to catch some shut eye until the next stop.
Once I got home I showed Jay and my mom the stuff I got and then off to bed I went. At about 2:30 we (Jay, me, my brother Corey, cousin Kyle, and cousin Cody) woke up and set off to JcPennys. I stayed in the car while the guys stood in line for 15 mins. About one minute before the store opened I got in line with them. Sorry guys! Jay found luggage they were selling for $38.00 for a 5 piece set. This is a great price and considering we love to travel and don't have a set besides one that Jay got awhile back we got it. We walked around the store and found a few stocking stuffer gifts. After that we journeyed through the mall. Anchor Blue was passing out gift cards from $5-$500 for the first hundred guests so we stood in line. No purchase required and it is good until Dec. 3rd. Jay and I both got $5.00 gift cards. We decided to give them to my sister who watched Bri'elle for us while we shopped. Next stop was Target and then back to ToysRus. Yes, back to ToysRus. I forgot about a few birthday gifts I needed to grab. After that we headed home, but my journey wasn't over yet. Later I discovered something I had bought was not one of the items displayed so I had to return it. Boo!
And that was our Thanksgiving. Well only the leftovers..lol
<3
Mrsbefons
That Turkey looked amazing! Sounds like you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with lots of family. Nothing better then a house full of family. I'm so happy we got to have some girl time shopping together. That was fun! I love that pic of you with the cart lol. Thanksgiving really is a wonderful holiday and a good reminder to be thankful. Love ya!
ReplyDelete