Today has been one hectic day and considering I was so tired because last night when Bri'elle was sleeping with us she kicked me in the face and I was woken up by a bloody taste in my mouth and a spout of blood coming out of my nose. This wasn't the first time but man she must have kicked me hard, my nose wouldn't stop bleeding. And it bled so much. So now the poor thing is going to have to really sleep in her bed the whole night or on daddy's side of the bed, with some exceptions. I feel really bad but because I have a high risk of a pulmonary embolism I just can't afford for that to happen on a constant basis. :(
The rest of the day went pretty smoothly. My mom and I went grocery shopping for our dishes we picked out for the Thanksgiving dinner. This year its at our house and we are all excited. My parents have been remodeling the house and it's almost done! It needs a few other things but it looks great. After shopping me pretty much have been cleaning the remainder of the time. Tonight there was a Thanksgiving Service at our church. All of us went; my mom, Jay, me, Bri'elle, Corey, Haley, Marty (Jay's dad), DeAnna, Chris, Shelly, and Andrew. It was neat. They asked that each family bring a dessert. When you arrived at the beginning of the service you dropped off the dessert to the kitchen then you headed inside. Once inside they had the band play the opening/welcome songs. Once of the leaders spoke for a few minutes giving the outline of the night and then for about 15 minutes you were given time to grab a dessert that was now placed on tables inside and visit with your fellow churchmates. After 15 minutes elapsed a video came on about the new series "Getting Uncomfortable" and showing how we can make survival kits for a village in South Africa. The video finished and then the youth pastor Linda was the speaker for the service. She spoke for roughly 10 minutes. Her message was comical and really hit home. Stuffing 101 was the topic. It was pretty cool how she started off. She showed a video clip of how to stuff a turkey. And then she began to talk about what each of us are stuffed with. We need to fill ourselves with the love of God and stuff ourselves with the right kind of stuffing. It was so cool how she linked Thanksgiving stuffing into a biblical sense. I love messages like this. It was nice to have everyone together and to share the Thanksgiving service with everyone. This was our first time participating in an outside service with our church and I don't think it will be our last :) Another thing that touched me tonight at church was that our series "Getting Uncomfortable" has really got a hold of me and Jay. We've participated a lot with the tests the pastor has given us. Last week they showed how Bay Hills raised enough money for a village in a third world country (I think it was Africa but I could be wrong) to have a well of fresh drinking water. In honor of the money raised the village put a plaque up showing our church name on it. It was truly an honor to see that and to know that you are a part of something so great. Last week the pastor said lets see if we can get more wells. The church set up a bunch of bottled water with a collection box at each table. They asked for a donation and the ideal donation would be $10.00. Once you place your donation in the box you got to take your water. I total wanted to do it. Why not? The only cash we had was $5.00 so in the box it went and I got my water. At tonight's service they announced just from the water fundraiser $3,441.60 was raised. Wow! That would let us build about 3-4 wells or a whole drinking eco system can be built in a span of area. Isn't that amazing. You really can make a difference in someones life. So far this has been a "Thanks"giving.
To end the night my mom and I along with a little bit of help from others in the house prepared some of our dishes early so we will just need to cook them before the guest arrive. I will be posting the menu tomorrow with pictures. Upon requests I'll put the recipes up. :D
I hope everyone the best Thanksgiving. This will be a remarkable one for us. We have a lot to be thankful for even though we aren't in the best positions.
Goodnight and God Bless.
<3
Mrsbefons
No comments:
Post a Comment