Tuesday, November 16, 2010

New Hobby

Since I've been on leave and spending so much time with the hubby and baby girl I have been taking ALOT of pictures. As you all might know (and if not well you will) I LOVE photography & everything about it. Well, as much as I know about it. Since I was little I have always had a passion for the camera. To be either the one taking pictures or to be the one in the picture. Usually if there is an event you will find me with my camera in hand, if not there is seriously something wrong :(.
For our anniversary Jay got me a Nikon SLR. As a birthday present I got the 200m zoom with a camera bag and a few necessities needed along with a photo/video editing program. I haven't a chance to really use the program because I really want to put all my photography on one computer and right now (well will be soon) my desktop computer is being upgraded and replenished for that purpose.
I'm hoping with some of the time I have I will be able to use the program and at least try it out. I've been learning a lot with some of the other programs. Jay and I put together Bri'elles invitation for her birthday party. It turned out pretty good for not being professionally done. The best part about it is that it costs just as much as to go to the store and buy a pack of invitations for what $5.99 for 8. To me it was totally worth it.
This is definitely something I'm hoping to pursue in the future (and right now if possible). I've been trying to promote myself to family and friends by offering to do pictures for different occasions. I know that I'm not a professional but the pictures still come out good. This way it will help build my portfolio. This next semester I'm going to take a couple of photography related classes.
Along with photography are the different ways to present it like scrap booking. I've started to get into scrap "blogging". This will come in handy if I happen to make picture greeting cards for somebody or even doing someones invites for a party.

Following this posting will be my first scrap blog post. :)

<3
Mrsbefons

No comments:

Post a Comment