Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Have A Nice Trip - See You Next Fall
I thought I would share this because I still can't believe it happened. This past Friday Bri'elle and I had us a nice little trip..down the stairs! Ahhh! It happened so fast its like I can't even remember which might be a good thing. Jay was getting the rest of the laundry from downstairs and I was with Bri'elle upstairs getting us both ready so the three of us can grab some breakfast. Our room is about 3 steps from the top of the stairs. There's a little area that Bri'elle likes to sit and play with some of her toys in front of our door. Its not that close to the stairs, but when she does play there we are always right at her side. On Friday she was sitting in her usual spot playing when she either got bored or wanted to roam around, she decides to get up. I noticed that she had a change of plans and started to go towards her. She was holding on to the railing when I called out, "Bri'elle get over here." She noticed my tone of voice and when she went to walk to me, it looked like she tripped or something and her foot missed the ground and slipped down the stairs. As soon as I seen her lose her balance I went dashing over there pretty much throwing myself out on the stairs to land in front of her in hopes to catch her fall. The way she fell was as if she was laying on her side and someone pushed her. I'm guessing she didn't get a lot of wind when she was falling because she fell about 5 maybe six steps down (a little less than halfway). When I flung myself down the stairs I really wasn't watching how I was "flying" and ended up tumbling all the way down the stairs luckily when I seen everything go down (literally) I yelled for Jay. I landed on top of my head at the end of a roll. My front teeth had hit a stair and railing, both of my arms twisted different ways when I landed, and the rest of my body was in shock. Jay ran to me and I just yelled, "GET THE BABY!!!!". And then he noticed what had happened. Jay went to Bri'elle and picked her up. As he was trying to comfort her, he also asked me if I was okay. From what he said it looked like I had broken my neck. I assured him several times that I was okay but little did I know. After about 3-5 mins of crying, we put Bri'elle in a nice bubble bath to soothe her. Both of us took turns looking her over making sure we didn't miss any bruises or anything that looked out of the ordinary. She looked fine. No bruises, no bumps, just a little shaken up. I was so scared to let her take a nap. I pretty much watched her the whole {about} 2 hours she slept. It was so scary. I just couldn't believe I let something like that happen. Later that night my left arm really started to hurt. Really. I've broken both of my arms before so I knew I probably flared up anything that would pose a possible threat for an injury. Around dinnertime I headed off to my friends jewelry party. We were all having so much fun, I hardly noticed the pain besides a few times when I would move my arms a certain way. When I returned home Jay said Bri'elle woke up once crying but other than that she was sleeping peacefully. The next day, I think we both payed for it. Well, at least I did. I stayed in PJ's the whole day. I didn't want to get up for anything. Bri'elle slept awhile too. When it was her nap, I napped. I loved how that worked out. My body was in so much pain. I managed to hop in the shower at some point and noticed many bruises all over my body. It was horrible. My tailbone hurt so bad. And my poor arms. Ugh. The next day, Sunday, I was still sore but not as sore. It seemed as if the pain was subsiding. Bri'elle didn't sleep well last night so were not sure if she is sore too or just not wanting to sleep. Poor thing, I hope its because she wanted to stay up longer. Today, I felt fine except I painted my parents living room and my arm felt like I had broken it. I even whined which I only do when something really hurts. I kind of wanted to go to the doctor so they could check it out. Instead I stopped painting and gave my arm a rest. I just keep thinking back and if could have been A LOT worse. I'm so lucky it wasn't worse for me or Bri'elle. Friday was definitely one of the scariest days of my life. The life of a parent of an 11 month old and many more to go. I'm preparing myself now. A lesson learned! I'm so glad our baby girl wasn't really affected. And what do you know she still wants to go on the stairs. SMH! LOL!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment