As I woke up for church I noticed I had a text message from Laura saying they were heading to the hospital. The text was from 2:00 in the morning. I flipped out wondering if little Colt was here and I missed it from the one time my phone is on silent. I quickly called Lisa knowing she was right there with Laura. Lisa sounded tired and not too excited. I knew if that baby was here there would be some enthusiasm on the other end. Instead it sounded like what every anticipating spectator sounds like. Laura got on the phone told me how her contractions were. She sounded great for being in labor. I told her I would be on my way after church.
Off to church I went with my family.....
On the way there we were explaining to Bri'elle that little Colt would soon be here. Bri'elle kept saying Happy Birthday Colt. It was so darn cute.
At church.... I get a text message that they are breaking her water. What?! So off to the hospital I went. I couldn't wait any longer and DID NOT want to miss welcoming Colt into the world. When I got there all was quiet. Laura was trying to get some rest. Not long after being there they gave her an epidural. And the waiting continues. I sat in the waiting room to let her get some rest until the time was near.
We got the phone call.... the baby was crowning, it would soon be time to push. They got everything together, prepared for the baby, etc. Sherin was in Iran at the time so it was just Mike, Lisa, and Tracy. She had just walked in as Laura started pushing. Perfect timing! Laura did great! It's so different being on the other end of not having a baby and watching someone give birth. I was making faces, breathing hard, holding my breath as if I was pushing all working up to get that baby out. Finally after many pushes Colt was here. It's such an emotional thing watching a little baby whom you love so much come into the world. God's work is truly amazing. Every single part of it.
awww What a special moment. Colt is such a cutie pie!
ReplyDelete