Wednesday, August 7, 2013

P-O-T-T-Y

Our baby baby girl is becoming a big girl so fast I can hardly believe it. Today marked one of the biggest milestones for a baby, okay not a baby, a toddler. Did I just really call her a toddler? 

Into toddlerhood our little girl went poo poo on the potty! Ahhh, I can't believe it but believe me I was jumping for joy!!! So here's the scoop.... For a few weeks now she has understood what the word "potty" means. My dad introduced her to the word just by asking her if she needed to go potty. He did this kind of by accident. The downstairs bathroom is right outside our room and the door always stays open just because of the many people I and out. Naturally Jelly is always in there scoping it out and why not when the door is wide open. It's free range for a little adventurer. We have a little B'jorn potty we got for Bri'elle at the potty training stage years ago from a garage sale. We have the potty in that bathroom just for easy access when that time comes. Well, looks like we don't have to wait too long. Dad started asking Jelly "do you need to go potty"? She immediately picked up what that meant and would run to the bathroom and sit on the potty. We were amazed so now all of us play into it. When I'm home I will at least once a night as her if she needs to go potty and wen she runs in there I will take off her diaper and let her sit there bare. So I don't wear her out I only ask her 3 times if she needs to go potty. She sits down but antsy like she is she sits for about 10 seconds and gets up. So I just repeat it 2 other times after the first time hoping that maybe she will go. When she gets up I will clap and say good try and you can do it. That is usually the end. Ill have her even watch Bri'elle go potty when she goes so se can see. Bri'elle will even go in the little potty once in awhile so she can teach sissy how to use the potty. All this and tonight she put on quite a show.

I did the usual "potty" routine. We were already in the bathroom to wash up after dinner. Jelly was admiring the little potty as I was helping Bri'elle wash her hands. I asked Jelly if she needed to use the potty and took off her diaper. I let her do her thing with the potty sitting, standing, sitting, walking in a circle, and again as I was finishing up with Bri'elle. I noticed Jelly got really quiet and looked over to see her doing the "face". Immediately I sense she is going to use the bathroom. She wasnt quite on the potty so I positioned her just right and left her alone. Within seconds there was a little present I the potty. Yay!!!!! 

And then the happy dance!!!! Good Job Jelly we are so proud of you. Now keep up the good work. No we'll be sure to keep it slow and let you work at your pace but this is definitely a start. 


Should I mention you had a little preset outside of the toilet... Oh and I guess in all of the excitement you didn't quite finish.... You had presents everywhere. And even showed Whiskey (our lil chihuahua) that going on newspaper is okay. Haha - Pappy says he is telling this story at your wedding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment