Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Big Sister in Training: The new baby







It was love at first sight when Bri'elle got to meet her baby sister.
I have never seen anyones eyes light up the way Bri'elles did when she saw her. 
She totally understood...Mommy has no belly...sister is here!
Bri'elle was so excited to hold her. She just stared at her with awe and amazement. 

Bri'elle came to visit us at the hospital about 8 hours after I delivered which was the early afternoon. I was missing her so much and wanted our family to be together. It was so much fun to spend time with her. My mom left to grab something to eat with my sister so we can have some family time with her. Jay put on a movie on his laptop and we all sat in the bed and watched the movie together, as a family of 4. We wouldn't get to all be together until the next day when we were to go home. Until then my sweet little Bri'elle. It was so hard to let her go home but I knew the day and night would quickly go by, and that it did. 





My mom took Bri'elle home to wait for us about an hour before we arrived. She cleaned the house and kept Bri'elle occupied. When we walked through the door the first thing Bri'elle asked for was her sissy. It was so cute. I wondered if she would soon realize sissy is here to stay. She was so excited as soon as we set the carseat down she began to "share" with her by placing her toys on Jalilah's lap. It was super cute. I couldn't get a decent picture because Bri'elle was too excited to sit still. 





Sine then these two have been inseparable. Bri'elle always wants to help feed her or hold her. We gave Bri'elle the job to throw the diapers away. Also she helps us bath her by washing her arms, legs, and belly. It's actually nice to have her help with different things. It always makes me smile. Now on another note, we didn't have too much trouble with Bri'elle. She did have a hard time listening for the first couple weeks. She knew I was preoccupied and I would have to tell her to do something twice sometimes even three times. She has gotten a little better and I have realized its normal for a kid her age. They are discovering so much at this age and beginning to talk and make sense. I have learned to take a deep breath, release, and start over. Being 2 months into having a little sister she is much much better. We don't really have any issues. She does have her days but there the usual up and down days, who doesn't have those? 

I couldn't be any happier at the moment.

To my sweet Bri'elle: You are growing up so fast. I'm having to treasure each moment more and more. You are a great big sister and can only pray you will continue to be one. Remember, your little sister is littler than you so you always have to look out for her and protect her. Your job from now on is to teach her things that you know. She will learn so much from you. She already looks up to you. I will let you know now, she will get on your nerves and at times you might not want to play with her but always love her and know she does it because she loves you. God has blessed our family so much and we need to always be thankful for what we have. You will be a good teacher and leader of the Lord. Mommy and daddy love you so much our sweet Bri'elle.

3 comments:

  1. Bri'elle looks like such a natural with Baby J! She was meant to be a big sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe... so sweet! Love all the pics of them two, so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw they're the cutest things!

    ReplyDelete