Friday, June 22, 2012

That about SUMS things up

Okay, if you noticed I have been frantically catching the blog up so I can get back on track. And well, I did it! Yay, now let's continue on to the rest of whats going on in our life since I haven't posted anything about us, our life, or all the other good stuff. 


Everything has been going great for us lately. Bri'elle goes to preschool two days a week. Currently I'm not back at work yet. I start in a little over a week. The first week I will be part time to kind of get the swing of things and then after that I will be full time. I'm a little nervous because it will be 10 months since I have worked. Part of me is excited to get back and do some work, work my mind, visit with my coworkers and the work life. The other part of me is really scared and nervous since I have been out of work so long. What if I don't remember some of the things, how will I feel leaving both of the girls at home to be cared for. Oh the joys of a rambling mind. On the upside, we will be having family members and friends watch Jalilah so we won't have to put her in daycare. I want to wait about a year or year and a half before introducing her into that world. We are hoping to add another day to Bri'elles school schedule starting in September. She is doing really well compared to about 3 months ago. All of a sudden she went through a phase where she was being mean to some of the kids from the school and only at the school. It was totally weird. It lasted for about 4 days and now she is their STAR student. She did a complete turn around, which I'm so glad. I was starting to think I had a bully on my hands or something, God help  me.

Recently Jay is taking over for two people who are out of the office at work. One being his manager who is now on maternity leave. And the other is one of the money manager's who is on vacation. We are excited because he was told he will have a pay increase for the new position. His manager doesn't return from leave until November so this pay increase will really help get us on our feet and ahead even. His job has him taking classes to become a notary public, so this will also be beneficial for us to allow him to do something on the side. On top of that Jay is setting everything up to become a licensed realtor. Wooo weee, let me tell you I can hardly keep up with is man. But I am very happy with his decisions and will support him all the way. 


Our days are filling up with tons of things to do especially since I'll be going back to work. I have been trying to do all I can with Bri'elle and get as much time with Jalilah. When we aren't busy we are catching up on the latest movies and the leisurely things we love. Our pool is open at our complex now so we have been trying to soak up the sun. I need a tan majorly. Right now my left arm is way tanner then my right arm from driving, ugh! I don't remember it ever doing this. So looks like I'll be wearing a sleeveless right arm and a covered left arm to help even them out. Ha! 


Another thing we (Jay) have been doing is buying and selling. Jay furnished our home with craigslist and goodwill items. Pretty much everything came from the two places besides what we already had. So he has decided to take on buying, fixing the things up, and selling it. I swear storage wars and the bargain show have gone to his head. I do have to admit its pretty fun. I even found me a few steals. This is the kind of shopping our family will be doing from now on. One person's trash is another person's treasure. 


Our church has moved locations. The new locations is much bigger and has a lot to offer. They have redone the building and it looks amazing. The kids and nursery area is just amazing. We have jumpies, sandbox, and even a little stage for the kids. In the nursery there is a moms room with rocking chairs and pack in play. I'm extremely happy with everything they have done and can't wait to spread the word. Bri'elle asks for church all the time. Yay!


We bought a car about 3 months ago. Before Jalilah arrived we knew we needed another vehicle. Jay has a mustang which is not keen to the carseat. Bri'elles carseat barely fits in there, so to be able to get around as a family we needed another car. I'm super happy with our buy and we got a really good deal. Now it's time to get an SUV. Another excited note, this was our first purchase together since we have been married... a big purchase that is (besides our timeshare). Woo hoo, for our first time!


That about sums up whats going on.... Glad to have this blog at least somewhat up to date. Watch for current postings. I'm on a streak again. No more lapsing in the blog world.

1 comment:

  1. You two are so cute! I'm so excited for both of you with your work accomplishments. I'm totally going to hire Jay to help us get some new furniture online lol ;) See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete