Introducing little Miss Jalilah
Weight - 6lbs 15 oz & 19 in long
Our little girl was born on Friday the 13th at 3:33am. This is so ironic because Bri'elle was born at 3:45pm. It was really close to being the same time but different time of the day. Also what is funny about her being born on Friday the 13th, is I swore I was not going to have her on this day...little did I know, I was on her schedule.
Jalilah was the first birth in the hospital for this day. I was also told that all the babies born this day all had ALOT of dark hair.
I remember looking at her for the first time and my eyes just swelled up with tears. I'm so thankful to God for her and everything we went through. Immediately after she was out of the womb they put her on me for skin to skin contact. Then I cuddled her. I remember her looking into my eyes and then grabbing my finger. It was like she was speaking to me. We were able to do skin to skin for about an hour. It wasn't until almost about 5:00 or so that we knew her weight, height, and all her other statistics. At this point I had now been up for over 24 hours with a small nap.
As of 7:00am I was still numb from the epidural but it was wearing off. For us to be able to move into our postpartum room I needed to be able to walk and use the restroom, otherwise they were going to have to put a catheter back in me. I immediately said I can try to use the bathroom. So I sat in the bathroom for a good 30 minutes just to try to urinate even though I could barely feel anything. Luckily I was able to use the bathroom, so we were able to head over to postpartum. As we were getting ready to leave my doctor for the pregnancy came to visit me and the baby. I was really happy to see him and for him to meet the little girl he has been caring for. He said she was the most beautiful baby he has seen.
We were now on our way to postpartum and getting ready to take our little girl home
No comments:
Post a Comment