Homeowners, Possibly?!?!
Last week, Jay got a phone call from the property management company we rent our condo from. The realtor who showed us the property told him that the owner would like to sell the property. The owner lives out of state to take care of his parents and recently decided that he will be permanently staying where he is.
When Jay told me the news of the guy selling the property I was immediately bummed out. For one, we love this place and have made it our home. For two, I don't want to keep moving our family around. For three, moving sucks! He said we have until our lease is up, which would be November to find another place. I just couldn't believe it. We really like this area, I'm so close to work and our families aren't but a 5-10 minute drive away. And then, Jay tells me that they would like to give us an opportunity to purchase it as our home before putting it on the market.
Yes! Yes! Yes! We would. Well this is what I was thinking in my head. Later that night Jay and I discussed this and decided it would be an investment for us if we are able to. The next day Jay phoned the realtor and told him we would. Just yesterday Jay sent in the loan papers and last night the lady from the lending company contacted Jay by email. We are only putting Jay's name on the condo because of my recent bankruptcy (I will do a separate post about this). She explained to Jay that everything looked good but there are some areas she would like to help him with and give him some professional guidance to help build his credit. Credit isn't a dis-qualifier for this loan since they look at everything and combine it. You get a certain amount of points in each category and as long as you reach the minimum points needed you can be approved. Now we are going to be following directions from the lending lady to help earn us extra points to be in the clear and then we will have our answer.
We are super excited!!! Finally we will own a property. Later we plan on renting it out when we move into a HOUSE. But first things first.
So for now we will be penny pinching... not literally but really cutting back and making smart decisions. We have already changed a lot about our spending habits, so making them even better will help us out.
Stay tuned for an update!
P.s. We really think God has something to do with this.... When we first started renting this back in December Jay and I asked the property management if the owner would consider selling the condo. They said he told them he would not because he uses this as an investment since he is back East and for tax purposes. Also if he would ever move back. We left it at that and said we would just continue renting the property until we needed to move on (hoping we would stay here until we are ready to buy something). I kept thinking the timing must not have been right and when everything is in place and its meant to be the opportunity will arise. And look where we are now. God is so good and places things in the right moment.
I'm so excited for you two! :)
ReplyDeleteHe sure does! All at His timing!!
ReplyDeletePS if you have any good tips on saving, let me know!! I spend so much at target and safeway!!!!
ReplyDelete