Finally!!!!!!
We were accepted for medical coverage for Bri'elle. This is such a relief. We got the letter from Kaiser in June and her coverage started on 07/01/10. When I was on maternity leave in October 2009 I started the process to get her, her own coverage. My employers insurance is too expensive so Jason and I opted to get her separate coverage. I wanted her to still be under Kaiser. Working in medical billing is an advantage since I understand the whole system. Private insurances are too confusing and can be tricky. Kaiser has been wonderful to my family and to me for all my services and I want the same for our daughter. We tried to get coverage for Healthy Families since Nov of 2009 and found out in April of 2010 that we weren't approved. Of course I was extremely upset to find out in April because she had already had two doctors appts that we would have to pay out of pocket. We were approved for Medi-cal (yes, we applied. I feel everyone should apply that are from the US and use the government funds that OUR taxes go to) but have a high share-of-cost because of our income. I needed the denial from Healthy Families to be able to apply directly for the Kaiser coverage. Now I get to practice what I do at work for personal use and appeal Bri'elles doctor appts that weren't covered to Healthy Families. This will be exciting to do this for myself.
Now we can enjoy taking her to doctor visit's without worrying if we have enough money. I'm so glad Kaiser approved us. The medical coverage through them is very inexpensive as long as you fall within the guidelines. This was quite an experience going through the process.
No comments:
Post a Comment