On Friday we had a kick back day. All of us lounged around the house during the morning and then in the afternoon my mom, Jodi, Bir'elle, Anthony, and I headed to Six Flags so my mom and Jodi could activate their passes and we could use them the next day. When we got back me and Jason had to take Bri'elle to her doctor appt. As we got back to the house Anthony was outside with my mom jumping through the sprinklers.
Once we got settled inside we decided to go swimming. Bri'elle loves to go in the water so its so nice to be able to go into the backyard for some sun and fun. Anthony didn't care for the water too much at first but then warmed up to it. We had to make everything a game.
We called it an early night because the next day we went to Six Flags! On Saturday morning I took Anthony to the playgroup that I take Bri'elle to. I chose to just take Anthony because Bri'elle had just went down for a nap and she needed her down time & it will allow Anthony to have some time with his fave cousin Bandi. Anthony was really shy at the playgroup and kind of kept to himself. I expected that since he hasn't been around the other kids before. After playgroup was over I took Anthony to McDonalds and got him a Happy Meal. He was so excited. All he cared about was his toy. I went through the drive-thru to be quicker and so then we can get a start on going to Six Flags.
Jay and I decided to get passes to Discovery Kingdom/Six Flags. We figure it'll give us something to do the whole summer and it won't cost everytime we go. It was the first time I'd been to six flags since Sophomore year in highschool. Things are so different now and theres so many new rides and attractions. Its pretty nice though. Bri'elle loved it. The loud sounds and all the people. Anthony rode on a few rides with me. We had alot of fun and I let Anthony pick out a souvenoir from one of the gift shops. It was nice to get the whole fam bam together to go, I'm sure we'll have many more family days to Six Flags.
The next day (4th of July) we woke up late and missed church, had some breakfast, and then headed into the pool. Anthony did not want to be in the pool but Bri'elle did. So we just played poolside and let Bri'elle get some pool time. I got a call from Jan right when we were heading to the pool saying that they just landed and they would be at our house soon. I got all or should I say most of Anthony's stuff together while he was outside. About 45 mins to an hour later Jan showed up. Anthony was sooooo happy to see his mommy. I can now definitely relate to how Jan felt having her baby boy get excited because she was there. Always a great feeling. After Anthony left we stayed in the pool for a little longer. I was really trying to work on my tan since I'm not going to the the fake n bake any more. Its is soooo bad for your skin and natural is always the way to go. I actually got a little bit of a tan just from walking back and forth in my shorts. I'm curious to see what Bri'elles skin color will be. We definitely put sun screen on her, but she still gets some color to her. Its like a bronze color. I think she might be more on the tanner side of both me and Jay's whiteness. Jay bought Bri'elle a water floaty that has an awning to keep her covered just incase. It is so cute to see her in her floaty and kicking her feet. We really want to do swimming lessons for her. I'll be looking into that this summer.
Later that day Jay went and picked up his niece Anella for the night. We went over to Jay's dad's house and had some BBQ. It was a really yummy dinner and visit with the family that was over there. Jason's dad has a new gf who I absolutely adore. She is so amazing. Its really nice to see his dad happy and with someone. Marty did some sparklers after dinner while we waited for the pineapple-upside down cake baked in the cast iron skittle that Jason, Shelly, and Deanna (Marty's girlfriend) cooked up. I took Brie'elle outside to see the sparklers. I was a little nervous at first when I brought her out there becuase I didn't want to freak her out. When she heard it her little head whipped over to search where the noise came from. As soon as she see the sparks I was saying "Yay" so she knew it was a good thing. Next thing you know Bri'elle is bouncing up and down - which means she likes it. I was so glad. I didn't want her to be scared and next year not want to watch them. Since it was getting cold and we didn't have a jacket for Brillo we headed home to get a change of clothes for all of us including Anella. By the time we got home Bri'elle fell asleep and it was about time for the fireworks to start. Jay stayed home with Brillo and my brother and I walked Anella up our hill to see the fireworks. My mom, dad, Jojo, and little cousin Kimmie were already up there. It was so neat to see the fireworks from up there. We have never watched them from our hill and it was pretty amazing to see our view. We saw about 6 different firework shows. Since Jay was at home with Bri'elle I recorded them for him.
Monday, the day after 4th of July, Jay and I left while Bri'elle was napping (my sisters watched her of course) dropped my car off at the shop for the service that was due and headed for breakfast. After breakfast we gathered all the kids around and were off to Six Flags again for the weekend. Gotta love having the pass! We bought Jays little brother Carlito a pass for his birthday. This way pretty much everyone in our families have a pass. If not good thing we have the book of savings and signed up for the emails. When we got home Jason's mom came and picked up Carlito. This was the first time she has met Bri'elle. At first Bri'elle acted a little anxious since she didn't know her but with Jason and me next to her she did fine. After they left which was about 10 minutes later, it was winding down time and ready to start the work week.
We had a blast all weekend even though we were exremely busy. It is always fun getting the little ones and spending time with them especially now that we have Bri'elle. I think it is very important for her to grow up around the family she has. I have always been really close to my family/friends and couldn't see it being any different. Now that the weekend is over I'm glad to home some family time with just us three.
No comments:
Post a Comment